The Reef Tank banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, just about back from MACNA and back in "almost normal" mode, systems look none-the-worse for surviving another week of DSB activity :p...

Going to Emeril's new restaurant in Atlanta tonight, going to try and check out a few shops there as well, looking to see Aquarium Showcase among many. Anyone have suggestions (heh, I know about Jenn's (Imaginocean), CBA, Fish & More, and Marine & Tropical Fish, any other suggestions???

·
Registered
807 Posts
You forgot to list The Fish Store And More.

·
Premium Member
7,889 Posts
It's a long drive but Fish Garden in Newnan is nice.

If you've never been to Aquarium Showcase I would definately make it by there. Victor is the coral guy.

·
Premium Member
7,889 Posts
So how did it go? Pictures man. We need to see what you got.:) Tom is the only guy I know that keeps a 48 qt cooler in his truck at all times just in case he passes a store that sells corals.:D

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rick O said:
So how did it go? Pictures man...
Heh! Didn't see much as far as the corals went, couldn't make it to Jenn's, and I didn't get to CBA before they closed, I did stop by Aquarium Showcase about 3 Saturday afternoon (the local folks in Alpharetta told me that it was on the ATLANTA side of Kroegers, I spent a good 45 min looking in the wrong place!) some nice stuff, but nothing really outstanding as far as SPS goes. Nice selection of fishes and some nice LPS though...

Emeril's was ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!!! Great service, great food, picked up some tips on some NICE places to eat on the next trip (Blue Point comes to mind...) If you don't mind dropping a little too much cash on a restaurant for that special occasion, then this is definitely worth every penny. 400 wines in their wine selection, almot 20 different Chardonnays alone... I would highly recomment the Andoulle-crusted Red Snapper served over a pilaf of sauted veggies and the smoked wild mushrooms over capalinni as the appetizer. I spoke with the manager for a few moments before we left, he suggests that if you are planning a date around the dinner that you call 3 to 4 weeks in advance, although it is a large restaurant, it has sold out for quite a while, especially the weekends.

Absolutely awesome, definitely up to Emeril's superb standards for all his restaurants, both in terms of the quality of the food, the wine selection, and the level of service.

As far as what I came home with, I did get a beautiful little frag of a lime green Montipora capricornis from The Fish Store and More this afternoon on my way out of town, a real beauty that did stand out, almost missed it, as it was stuck down in a display tank in a bad location... I will take a chance on getting it to recover.

Pix as soon as I get the film developed...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts