The Reef Tank banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:bawling::bawling::bawling:i have a purple tang and its color is very dark. from what i hear this could be many things. i dont think its food because i feed my fish very well. i belive its the tank i dont have a bunch of live rock and i dont have a great skimmer either. all my other fish are bright and colorfull. i plain on adding alot more rock more sand and a better skimmer. i dont like to see him so dark. what do you guys think i should do. catch the tang when i add more rock. or leave him in and hope he gets brighter.

thanks matt

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
That could be it. I had a purple Tang two yrs ago and he was also very dark almost black. I called the lfs and asked why he was darker in my tank then in thiers I was told that he was happier. In other words that was the color he was spouse to be. As long as your fish is eating and swimming around with out signs of stress I wouldn't take him out. I find removing fish is much more stressful to them then another fish bothering them once in awhile. Is your fish eating and picking at the rock?

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
.As long as your fish is eating and swimming around with out signs of stress I wouldn't take him out. I find removing fish is much more stressful to them then another fish bothering them once in awhile.

I agree, very good information.

Matt, I do Remember you saying you tank was a 120 tall, maybe he doesnt have enought room to swim because the tank is not long enough, Im probably wrong but just a theroi

1 - 12 of 12 Posts