The Reef Tank banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here it is just like the title.

About 3 weeks past my first victim floated up. Yellow head Goby, almost appeared to be Tore in half. One week later my Atlantic Blue Tang. Found dead with a Quarter size hole in his side.

Then my Orange Spine this is when the flag raised. I was actually taking some pic's of him, swimming happy eating. Went to dinner with my wife and kids came home about two hours later. Same hole Dead as it gets. This particular Tang was approx 8" in length.

I do not want to break down the tank, since this tank is now 3 years old. Not messing with any Coral oh, and literally ripped my Coral Banded shrimp in two. What ever it is is not eating (yet). Any body else have an idea to my horror story?

All the LR Fiji and problem is my tank has been stocked from just about every corner.

·
Novel Responder
4,371 Posts
Tank is three years old? No signs of anything before? any additions recently? Specifically LR or coral? Do you have a little kid with a blowgun in the house? Sounds odd that there would be no signs of anything for almost 3 years, then suddenly have fish that large starting to get killed off...Possible a Sally Lightfoot, or another crab is in the tank? When they hit maturity, they change into a steroid ridden monster...or at least they bulk up like one.

·
Premium Member
3,852 Posts
Sounds like a mantis or a pistol maybe.
+1 to any new additions? It could have been a hitchhiker.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts