The Reef Tank banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sitting here at the computer and glancing over at the TV and watching Willie Nelson as they celebrate his 70th birthday! The man is a legend and love his songs!

I hope everyone had memories to fall back on as I remembered my mom and the Sunday talks we enjoyed on the telephone! I thought about my brother Charles who died young(48yrs old) but he was doing something he really enjoyed which was deer hunting when it happened.

I said a silent prayer for our men/women in uniform.

But my fondest memory today was how grateful I am to have such a loving wife in Pat! She is my life and soul mate and best friend! Also having all the friends that I have on TRT and those I have yet to meet as we grow bigger everyday!

It's just a great feeling to share something we love like a reef aquarium with others who have the same passion. I have learned so much from the members here and I am not talking just about keeping a reef aquarium but about you guys as kind, descent, fun loving bunch of people!

I will go to bed soon with a smile on my face, love in my heart and knowing that tomorrow I can face another day knowing I have TRT to go too!! Sleep well my friends and may your weekend have been all you wanted it to be and more! :)

·
Super Moderator
27,692 Posts
Oh Johnny! So nicely said, as usual. I was thinking about much of the same kinds of things. I missed the Willie Nelson program. Oh boy, do I love his style :)

On a lighter note about the military.....my parents were both in the Army Air Corps, Mom was a Lt (dietician) and Dad a Sgt (control tower operator), stationed in Merridian, MS. Though they didn't experience the horror of combat, I sure am glad they met :)

Thanks to all service men and women living and dead for all that they have done for us.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
i LOVED the concert.. stunning!!

quick cath, it's on a gain RIGHT NOW :) they are playing it back to back. the second showing just started at 11, so you havent totally missed it...yet :)

i had a good day. worked on my stand for a while. bbq'd some brats with family. said a prayer for my fellow soldiers that died along my side in Desert Storm, as well as the friends i lost while in Mogodishu.

and i always take time out to remember everyone that died in the past. and everyone that has ever served our great country.

·
Super Moderator
27,692 Posts
Got the show, Jay. Thanks for telling me about it. Isn't it great to see/ hear a big slice of Americana on Memorial Day?

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
wait till he sings with ray charles.. and willy starts crying :) classic TV right there.

everything abotu the show was great, well, except till they introduce "the honorable william jefferson clinton" :D

·
Professional newbie!
404 Posts
thefatman said:
wait till he sings with ray charles.. and willy starts crying :) classic TV right there.

everything abotu the show was great, well, except till they introduce "the honorable william jefferson clinton" :D
:mad: GACK:mad:

Still fries my cookies...What was the nation thinking??!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts