The Reef Tank banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I purchased an ARS RO/DI unit a couple years ago. It was a four stage unit (three cartridge chambers and an RO chamber). It's been in the garage for over a year, and some of the chambers still had water in them. So, knowing that all the cartridges and membrane are shot I'm looking to purchase replacements.

My problem is I can't find ARS anywhere on the interwebtubenets, and there is no answer at the phone number listed on the unit itself (i'm guessing they have gone under?). The RO membrane looks like a standard RO that you can buy on ebay or at any vender all day long. What about the filters, does anyone know if they are universal or proprietary (ARS's that is) can I purchase kent cartridges (carbon and sediment) and a DI resin cart?

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
might have it solved....the membrane on the inside had a part number, it wasn't an ARS number, but a filter replacement page pulled it up, so I can at least get a membrane. I've taken measurements and it looks like ARS's cartridges match up with kents...

·
Just some guy, you know?
22,857 Posts
I've never seen priopoatory carbon and sediment cartriges,.. take a look at air water ice or something like that and see if they carry a cartrige the same size. If they don't list a size you can give them a call and tell them what your canister size is to find out if they carry the same stuff.

Whiskey

·
Just some guy, you know?
22,857 Posts
might have it solved....the membrane on the inside had a part number, it wasn't an ARS number, but a filter replacement page pulled it up, so I can at least get a membrane. I've taken measurements and it looks like ARS's cartridges match up with kents...
Oh,.. Never mind then,.. Good deal :)

Whiskey

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what was that filter replacement page you went to?

www.wateranywhere.com was the site I went to. I found it by googling the entire part # that I found on the membrane. The part wasn't listed as an "ARS" filter, but it did appear in full, with the same GPD rating that my unit had, the pictures are the exact same so I'm confident it's correct.

The prices seemed very reasonable... $35 bucks for the 50gpd membrane, $3 for a 1 micron sediment (10") and 7 bucks for the carbon cartridge.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts