The Reef Tank banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
the shutterbug mod!
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...and I don't mind, but it really sucks dropping $300 when it's all said and done.
Dress $150
shoes $48 (I hate buying shoes, I don't pay that for my work boots!)
hair and makeup will be almost $100
plus lets not forget gas to drive from Green Bay to the twin cities MN, and a hotel room for two nights...
but I love my sister so I do it, I just don't complain to her! :funny: I just stood up for my girlfriends wedding in May, same color dress, wine. So if any of you ladies need a wine colored dress from Davids bridal gimme a call! I have two, a 6 and an 8 (I couldn't breath in the 6 with the boning, no room for lung expansion!).

·
Retired Wanderer
17,191 Posts
Twitterbait said:
good point, I'll keep you in mind when i get married. especially since your so nice to pay for the stuff yourself :lol:
Round these parts we have our men stand on our side :cool:

·
Premium Member
10,625 Posts
for the wife of course...

I am the last in the family and have had to stay up late helping to get the reception together for all my siblings... I am gonna make them pay big time. tux's and the whole works. I'll just wear jeans under my slacks ;)

·
the shutterbug mod!
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oops, sorry about that, this was supposed to be in M-ville... I'll be getting a pm from Vince! :D
What do you mean Twitter, does the bride and groom pay for all this stuff in your parts? Around here if you stand up you're paying for your dress, shoes, hair, makeup, hotel room... the bride will pay for your jewelry and a gift...

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I'm the only bridesmaid in my sister's wedding! There's me and the maid of honor. Plus it's an ugly PINK dress. I have long RED hair which doesn't go with pink. Yuck. Plus, her wedding is 2 weeks after my graduation and she wants me at all the showers. I am on my small animal medicine rotation at Purdue at that time and can't just up and leave the animals for a shower.....

·
Administrator
46,663 Posts
St my daughters last wedding we did the whole thing, her older son gave her a way but I had to stand with him , so we were both in tux's, The groom wore tha Clan tartan, tried talking an 11 yr old into wearing a kilt and that didnt go over well

·
Ô¿Ô
834 Posts
DebsSisterFlo said:
...and I don't mind, but it really sucks dropping $300 when it's all said and done.
Dress $150
shoes $48 (I hate buying shoes, I don't pay that for my work boots!)
hair and makeup will be almost $100
plus lets not forget gas to drive from Green Bay to the twin cities MN, and a hotel room for two nights...
but I love my sister so I do it, I just don't complain to her! :funny: I just stood up for my girlfriends wedding in May, same color dress, wine. So if any of you ladies need a wine colored dress from Davids bridal gimme a call! I have two, a 6 and an 8 (I couldn't breath in the 6 with the boning, no room for lung expansion!).
DOH! DIDN'T YOU JUST DO THIS? Man that sucks! You better start charging a fee for your services.

·
the shutterbug mod!
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yes, actually in May I stood up for my girlfriends wedding! Same wine colored dress too... too bad I couldn't use that dress, darn the style is different! :rotflmao:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts