The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Professional newbie!
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, since it is so close to the start of the reguilar NFL season I thought it to be fitting that I present you all a picture of the 2004 MVP. Needless to say this gentleman is a sure thing, first ballot, unanimous shoe in for the hall of fame after he retires (which by God I hope is not going to happen for a few more years!!)

Attachments

·
Professional newbie!
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Still better than the QB that wears purple and white...:p :funny:

·
Crazed Fish Whisperer
2,611 Posts
Green Bay is my number one favorite team! St. Louis is close behind, but I think I am more a Kurt Warner fan, the Rams fan, but I will cheer the Rams on! Wahoo!!!

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
And the 2004 1-AA college football champions will be:

Roll call here!!!!

Montana Grizzlies

·
Professional newbie!
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
mnreefgeek said:
All I will say is look out Brett!!!
OMG!!!!! That guy is the BIGGEST blow-hard! I can't wait to see Flanagan and the rest of the Packs front line absolutely beat on that punk like a Red-headed step child.

To quote Favre regarding hovan, "...That guy needs to get a life..."

OK, Maybe Warren, "tub o lard" Sapp is a bigger blow hard...But not by much.

·
Professional newbie!
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Casey said:
Well Jimmer those cheeseheads are going down bunch of worn out losers!:dance:
Do I smell a wager there my friend? Like the saying goes...put up or shut up...:funny:

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
One thing I can say about you cheeseheads, YOU LOVE YOUR FOOTBALL TEAM!! and that I can respect!!;)

·
Professional newbie!
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Tell ya what Johnny....I've been a die hard, true blue Packer backer. Heck when I was a kid if/when they lost I would cry for hours. That was in the 80's so you can imagine how much fun I was as a kid on Sundays back then.

Thank God the Pack is MUCH better nowadays. Matter of fact they have the best record in the NFL over the past 2 yrs.

·
Professional newbie!
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah, keep talking Casey...Hmmm, three trophies to one?? I'll take the history and prestige of my team...Thats right MY team.. See the PACK is the ONLY publicly owned team in sports. Just another little tidbit that makes the PACK waaaaaaaaaay better than the blechs...:funny:

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
Jimmer said:
Yeah, keep talking Casey...Hmmm, three trophies to one?? I'll take the history and prestige of my team...Thats right MY team.. See the PACK is the ONLY publicly owned team in sports. Just another little tidbit that makes the PACK waaaaaaaaaay better than the blechs...:funny:
yea yea worn out cheeseheads:funny: :dance:

·
Professional newbie!
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
See this is the thing folks like Casey miss out on. The Packers ARE football. The history, the mystique, all those stories about football and why its special they call tired and worn out. That IS the Green Bay Packers. Yeah, you can call me worn out, tired, a cheesehead...Whatever you want it really doesn't bother me. See in WI and if you are a true Packer fan you wear that on your chest like a badge of honor. Sundays are like christmas to us. We live and die by our team. Casey, do you feel that connected to a corporate team like your bucs? I really think not. Do you find it hard to sleep on Saturday nights when you think about the game on Sunday? Have you felt that way since you were a kid who grew up watching football? I think not.

As I said... The Packers ARE football!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Well my team may be corporate owned(owned by the Kraft family and I hate it) but believe me your not the only person who eats, sleeps and thinks about their team on Sundays!!
I have been a true blue New England Patriots fan from day one when they were so bad it made me sick!! I suffered through to many losing seasons and when Drew Bledsoe left the Patriots I was a happy camper! Bledsoe will not bring Buffalo Bills a championship you can count on that!!
I admit having a team owned by the fans is unique but that does not mean your so much more special than any other fan that loves their team no matter who owns them!
do you feel that connected to a corporate team?
Well I sure feel just as connected to the New England Patriots as you do to the Packers!

The Packers ARE football!
That's true they are football but not above football as there are other teams as good if not better than the Packers and remember when the Steelers won four Super Bowls!! Personally I don't think Brent Favre will take the Packers to another championship. And I'm not going to put my money where my mouth is as it will be played out on the field of battle and may the best team win! Unfortunately it probably will not be the Packers or Patriots this year but I will be there for my team all the way and that is the true spirit of the game and should be!!:)

·
Registered
658 Posts
Hrm... back when I used to be into football (before I got married ;) ), I was a tried-and-true 49er fan... I even watched 'the catch' during super bowl XVI when I was like 9...
Now how many trophies do the 9'ers have? ;)
I'll admit that they pretty much suck now, but back in the day they were the team to beat. :D
You gotta respect the Packers though... along with Buffalo they probably have to play in the most frigid weather imagineable... and I know I wouldn't want to play football when it's like 10 below. :D

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.