The Reef Tank banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I have not used this product but IMHO it's another "Gimmick" to make money off of.

All of my Reef tanks "diversify" themselves just fine. :)

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Ditto to what RN said...Looks like a scam to me...we all have bristle worms, LOL.

Seriously though...I guess if you wanted to get some spaghetti worms and stuff that would be ok, but I think we all get enough from the LR as hitchhikers. I would think this would be good if you were using manufactured rock (or all base rock) and just plain old sand. I guess it depends on how you are set up. If it were me...no friggin way, I hate those ugly marine worms!!!

·
Stinky Slimey FEESH
2,718 Posts
Wow, what will people think of next to sell? Funny. You can get a ton of "free" reef worms from a piece of live rock or live sand. IMO I wouldn't fall for this....

HHC

·
Just some guy, you know?
22,735 Posts
Ya,.. I've never used anything like this either,.. it all came out from the DSB stuff where they were promoting a bunch of different creatures to eat the junk in your sand,.. and taking a microscope to samples of the sand bed to evaluate the type and number of creatures. the idea was one point the stuff would just dissapear, if you had enough critters eating it,.. well,.. anything in your sand has to poo too.

Gimmic IMHO.

Whiskey

·
Quo vadis, Domini.
469 Posts
I bought the mix and match special from ISPF and was well pleased. I had a tank crash this summer so I am basically rebuilding with inert rock/sand. I didn't bother with the "worm package" because some of the other stuff contains a nice varied population but I did get the (extremely)mini-stars.

Like frankandmaura said, it's ok if you're starting with dead/base rock, etc.

Btw, I live in rural East Texas. The closest "ok" LFS is 60 miles away and I don't know a soul here who keeps anything more complicated than a guppy tank. :rolleyes: Y'all know. The town where you see people buying iridescent sharks to go in a goldfish bowl. :mad:

·
Registered
182 Posts
I've got line on the next big idea. It's green... Stinky... and I have plenty of it. Goes well with tofu... So I've heard.

·
Caitlin Renee 6/29/07
3,199 Posts
ipsf is not a scam, its a real business i have known people that have ordered the diversty pack and have been very pleased. I used to order pods from them when i had my tank up before i tore it down

·
Enjoy it now
4,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ipsf is not a scam, its a real business i have known people that have ordered the diversty pack and have been very pleased. I used to order pods from them when i had my tank up before i tore it down

I was very interested in the pods also...the worm pack caught my eye particularly because of the spaghetti worms offered.

Regarding the pods from them...you say you were pleased...did you buy those items to replenish your population or to start one?

·
Enjoy it now
4,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i may have to do that too..I bought some macro last night from a LFS to start a fuge in my garage so my mandarin could be garunteed some food. He and I both thought we saw some pods in the macro but I never saw any last night LOL

Are pods really THAT good at hiding? lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts