The Reef Tank banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told they were Ritteri Anenome's years ago, but if they are Majano, that would explain them splitting and trying to take over the upperhalf of my tank over the year's. I'd say they've split, and I'm not exaggerating, 18-19 times. I've been giving them to my friends over the years. :doh: They stretch to the light all the time, the Clowns love them though and sleep in them. You can see in the first pic, it snuck up there in the last week, trekked about 4 feet. Then 3 days ago in the 2nd pic, that one appeared, never seen it before. Then....I look in there this morning and in the 3rd pic you can see the new one top left!!! I'm thinking Joe's Juice and yes, they annoy me, what does everyone else think? Thanks TRT in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
honestly, they dont look like mojano's to me, ive never seen them that big, all the ones ive seen only get about the size of a quarter, maybe a little bigger.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Uhhhh, holding off on the Joe's Juice then. LOL

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay, feeling better now. I guess I'll let them do what they do. Nothing hasn't been affected yet by them, so I'll just keep giving them away. Thanks for all the input.

·
Registered
7,938 Posts
I see you've looked at the other thread. :)

I believe that there are different types of majanos. The bottom line with all of them, though, is that they are pests.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The funny thing is that I have been doing saltwater for 7 years now and I have NEVER had a long tenacle anenome clone as much and as often as this species. I consider it a pest, but there are only 4 in there now. I've had as many as 14 at one time and they would cover the whole left side of the tank. Now they are moving around, alot I might add, and I guess I was freaking out. The last 7 I sold at a LFS and got a $65 credit, so I guess I'll just sell them when they get too plentiful and keep buying other things. :banana:

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
i would really hope your lfs has the sense not to buy a mojano anenome.

·
Registered
130 Posts
A local reefer I know has a 20 gallon majano anemone tank. Looks really cool. Of course its the only thing in the tank besides a couple of clowns. If I remember the next time I am over there I will get a few pics.

Bob if you are getting $65 for those then keep it up. I sure wouldn't complain if they reproduced to often.;)

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You'd think they would know the difference, but gee, I was told I was buying an Orangespotted goby and come to find out I have a Diamond Watchman. Yeah, I think they guess sometimes and it's more of a business than a hobby to them. I'll just keep selling them to them and keep adding new stuff to the tank. :)

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
Bob, could you get some better pix please? In particular it would be better to have especially detailed photos of physical features with something for scale.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'll get some better pics and post later in the day. Just doing another 50 gal water change right now and then NASCAR Race is on, can't miss that!!! LOL GO KAHNE #9!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts