The Reef Tank banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

I know, I know, tons of algae ....I have been manually taking it out every other day and doing my weekley 15 % WC , the tank is 3 mo. old and I think its still at the end of cycle! Nitrates are 20ppm. They were 0 for the first 2 mo. ...Any way I was wondering if these are oxygen bubbles and not to worry? From what I have read, they are. Just wanted your opinion. :) I shouldnt be doing more than one WC a week right????
Its tempting to get in there all the time but from what I read its good to let it take its course as to not disrupt the good bacteria. etc, right??
Thanks in advance for the insight.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
sorry, picture didnt post.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok new question ..are these dinoflaggilites? ?(sp) If so please tell me with the proper maintaince they will go away and will not harm my critters!!!:angry:

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Probably not dino's...at lease let's hope not...they can be very hard to get rid of...from what I can see it looks like it could be cyano. If so cyano is not too hard to deal with...address excess nutrients and increase flow a bit and you can generally get cyano under control.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts