The Reef Tank banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
The Muddy Mod
7,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They're too small to photograph so please don't laugh at my drawing. These just popped up in my frag tank. A LOT of them! I looked at pics of flatworms and I didn't see this shape. If not, then what are they?

·
Stinky Slimey FEESH
2,718 Posts
I would say flatworms too - - I like your drawing (smile)!

HHC

·
The Muddy Mod
7,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cute drawing.
UGH.. Sooo Embarrassing :doh:

But I had to know. I think they must have come in on a zoa rock that I bought. I FW dipped this thing for 5 minutes and I guess it didn't help. So, should I use Flatworm Exit? or get a 6-line for the frag tank. Can 2 6-lines exist in the same tank after the flatworms are all gone?

·
Registered
393 Posts
you're going to have to dose with the flatworm exit. Do a search because there's been a couple posts where I've detailed both of my experiences with this.

It's going to be a pain, I'd really reccomend getting your fish out of there before you do a massive treatment. I'd really really reccomend dosing way more than the instructions say. My first treatment dosing triple the amount on a 20g didn't clear them out. I ended up using about 9/10 of an entire bottle on my 20g to finally get rid of the little [email protected]@rd$.

·
Registered
40 Posts
If you've only noticed a few try siphon them out with an airline tubing. You can even shake up some of your corals to see if any more come out. Then let you six line see what he can do. I'd personally wait on the FWE as a last resort.

·
Stinky Slimey FEESH
2,718 Posts
I would try and get them out best you can by hand - - I don't like the 'exit' product at all, too dangerous to use effectively. The sixline will be fine for a while with lots to eat - -

HHC

·
The Muddy Mod
7,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just to clear things up, the flat worms are in my FRAG tank. There are no fish in there. I'd buy another 6-line, but someone said that a second one could not be added to the display tank when the frag tank is clear. Does this change your opinions of using FWE?

·
The Muddy Mod
7,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Alright. I siphoned them off the front of the glass. There were hundreds of them! I hope I didn't eat any when I re-started the siphon!!!:confused:

·
The Muddy Mod
7,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
They taste like chicken!!:drool:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts