The Reef Tank banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I traded my shark in last month and this is what I brought home. I had it sitting in a low circulating area and noticed yesterday that half of the tubes were closed. I moved it to the front of the tank on the sand where there is a ton of water flow. Anybody know the care of it as well? Thanks.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,051 Posts
those don't appear to be pipe organ to me. Pipe organ has a hard red skeleton. Those look to be clove polyps.

·
Premium Member
5,051 Posts
Hate to say it, but I think that link was wrong. Or at least the pic was. All the pipe organ I have seen came from a reddish colored hard base characterized by multiple parallel tubes with a polyp extending from the end. That's how pipe organ got it's name. The polyps in the picture look to be coming directly off the rock itself. Also, since pipe organ tends to have parallel tubes containing the polyps, the polyps themselves tend to be in the same orientation, not randomly pointed in different directions. This is just my opinion, maybe someone else will chime in.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Ya'll got me confused, I thought they looked more like Anthelia.

·
Sumpless Girl
2,377 Posts
i guess youll know when it takes off and really thrives then ya got clove, if it gives you trouble then its a pipe organ
hehe ok that may not be the best way but it is an idea :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts