The Reef Tank banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have ALOT of these little white spots on glass. they are very small some round some oval shaped all white with darker centers (like an egg). Im not sure if they are moving but there could be 100 of them. Anyone know what these are?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Far too small for pic, maybe a bit bigger than a pin head they look like an egg (white on outside yellowish center. only on glass not sure if i should scrape them.

·
My own ocean
1,662 Posts
How many snails do you have? if you have two or more they breed often. Snails have the abiblity to change their sex anytime they need to. So they lay eggs alot. THey are probably miniature snails... They do help clean but you'll have a problem once they get too big, a hundred + snails is a bit to many!!!:funny:

·
Tarpon
3,793 Posts
I will look to see if I can find a picture of the eggs from my tank, and then you can see if they look the same. My turbos laid eggs about 2-3 weeks ago.....I have baby turbo snails all over the back wall. :) Makes me happy.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
tried to take pic

ok i tried to take a pick as you can kind of see they are small and white with a yellow ish center. they do not appear to have moved and there are hundreds of them ( i counted 100 on one side and 1/4 of front glass) im guessing that my nerite snails may have laid eggs all over the place? from the research ive done i think im going to just leave them alone, chances are most wont survive. does anyone have any other suggestions?

Attachments

·
My own ocean
1,662 Posts
When snails lay eggs, they're usually in a big clump not spread out...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
no not at all. think of a fried egg thats eggsactly (sorry had to put that in there lol) what they look like. round or oval with flat white outer part and a slight half bubble yellowish middle and hundreds of them.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i looked all over for a magnifying glass (i thought my son had one) any way no luck. does anyone know what these might be?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ive been watching these things for a few days. they have been moving. i made a mental note of a few of them in a certain spot of glass and checked that spot periodically over the past few days there is no question they are moving VERY slowly but moving. could it be that some snail eggs have already hatched and these guys are the result?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Baby Snails

I have the same deal going on they really come out at night,i would venture to say maybe abt 50-75 individuals:cool:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts