The Reef Tank banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wouldn't ask if I knew a better way to search it ("glass" or "lead"...:doh:), so please humor a dim newbie:
I wanted to use a small glass cup to protect a couple frags from the hermits, and for reattaching shrooms, etc., and there were a couple for ~$.25 at a discount store, the perfect size. The only marking on them was the price sticker, though, and we were trying to figure out if there's any chance they're not safe (for example: I doubt leaded glass would be so cheap, but, if it were?)

Could anything leach out?

I've used random glasses for working on tank stuff, but these would be in there for an extended period of time.

(thanks for the help, & sorry for the long post)

·
Premium Member
7,654 Posts
I highly doubt you would have any problems. If they were painted or tinted in any way then it may be more of a concern - but even then it would still be highly unlikely that you would have any issues.

For shroom frags you can use some wedding veil netting lightly wrapped around the rock.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! we still have a young tank, so I want to make sure I'm not going to cause any changes or swings etc. (or, "so I can't be blamed if something goes wrong" ;))
and I keep meaning to get some netting; thanks for the idea.

·
Registered
680 Posts
I use 99Cent store plastic cups, latley I have been taking shrooms and smashing them in between to small rocks and pushing them into the sand,....mad easy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts