The Reef Tank banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wanting use a 30 gallon aga as a sump, but need a hole drilled for my return. Their brochure says that it is not tempered on the bottom. Would that mean that the sides are not as well ?

thanks for the help..

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
no the sides are not tempered, nor the back or front.

the only standard aga tanks that are tempered is the 75E, and that is on the bottom.
hth - jay

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jay... I was pretty floored at the cost of, what I considered to be a simple, custom sump. Maybe getting a standard tank drilled will be the way to go. Thanks again...

·
Administrator
48,720 Posts
I have the 75E and its bottom tempered but not the sides, I think the E designates the tempered bottom, The predrilled reefready tanks aren't unless they temper them after the drilling.
The 20 long makes a nice sump for up to a 55 and the 40 breeder is a good one for a larger sump/fuge combination. the 30g is nice as well being the 36" long version of the 29g, which is a 20Long but higher

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Doug, you've always chimed in on my questions and as a long timer lurker, I value your opinion. My tank has been a long time in the making. An inevitable move kind of slowed the process, but it's up and running now. Just a few more tweaks to go. I'd love to get some pictures posted, but I'm still working on getting the digital camera purchase approved by the boss. I never expected that to be part of the reef "budget". Thanks again and I'll keep you posted.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.