The Reef Tank banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello!
i recently bought a neon dottyback and added it to my 28 gallon cube, currently housing a sixline wrasse and a maroon clown.
the dottyback has shown a lot of agression towards my sixline, so i rearranged the rocks and that seems to have lessened the problem, but i still see her strike from time to time.
it's really messing with my sixlines tail. since i moved the rocks around some of it seems to have grown back, which is great, i just don't know how to stop this, or even if there is any way to.
if anybody has any ideas on how to maybe prevent this, that'd be great.
thanks!

·
Aquatic Philosopher
15,434 Posts
Some might say that dottybacks are not compatible with anything. I had a six-line that was not compatible with anything either.

·
Premium Member
7,375 Posts
I'd take one of the fish back. Both of those species are known for their aggression. Trying to get them to live happily ever after in a 28 gallon together probably isn't realistic.

Peace
EC

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
alright. if the problem gets worse i'll most likely end up taking the neon back. i've noticed she hasn't messed with my clown at all though. i guess the fact he's bigger would have something to do with that.
well, thanks guys!

·
Aquatic Beginner
1,427 Posts
Yeah it would be a mistake by the dottyback to try anything with the marron clown thays for sure.... dottybacks are jerks from what I know

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I have a dottyback and it killed my jawfish. It goes after everything except my Clarkiis and my tang. It really hates my Wrasse.

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
My Sixline harassed everything in the tank. The Yellow Watchman was so scared he jumped in the overflow and lived there for two years before I discovered him. Stuck him back in the display and within two days he was back in the overflow again so I moved him to a different tank.

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Dotty backs dont like anything that has its shape the long slender body like a wrasse. I had one it didnt bother anything. I think its live aquaria is were I read that they wont get aling with fish with a similar shape. Mine was housed with tomato clowns scopas tang and 2 damsels. It ended up fallimg victim to my purple lobster

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Dotty backs dont like anything that has its shape the long slender body like a wrasse. I had one it didnt bother anything. I think its live aquaria is were I read that they wont get aling with fish with a similar shape. Mine was housed with tomato clowns scopas tang and 2 damsels. It ended up fallimg victim to my purple lobster

Well ya you housed it with even meaner fish....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts