The Reef Tank banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have an arctica chiller and actually have the manual for it. I know generally how it works you hold in the two up and down buttons until the light begins to flash then you set the thing at the temp you want. but after i did that it just stays at 78.1 and never moves is that just because its staying so in control or did i screw it up. Chiller seems to be on all the time also. Any advice?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How are you feeding water to it?? flow, pipe size, pump etc??

Does this one have a built in controller?? Or are you using a external controller?? If built in is it dual stage or single stage??
im usuing a rio pump that pumping about 530 gph into it and its running 3/4 inch pvc pipe to and from it. and its got a built in controller and its sungle stage. I think it actually is working right now it says 77.9 atm

·
11,345 Posts
Is it this one??

http://www.marineandreef.com/JBJ_1_...rjb03020.htm?gclid=COT0sd-AwJUCFRxNagodOGeXQQ

How big of a tank are you using this on?? The only reason I ask Is that Im curious why the thing seems to be on all the time.........

It sounds good that its working, but I hope you have figured head loss into that pump you are driving it with. this chiller can handle surprisintgly lopw flow from what the specs say, but chillers take a little bit of effort to pump through and If that rio's macximum flow is the 580 gph.......I highly doubt you are getting quite the 420 minimum the thing shoudl oeprate with. Just making sure as if you wwere to be using less flow than that it can be hard on the chiller

1 - 7 of 7 Posts