The Reef Tank banner
41 - 60 of 106 Posts
Very very nice! I think you are my new inspiration for my up and coming frag tank!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox2589
very nice mike!-drew
Thanks Drew, good to hear from you again. How are things going for you and your tank? __________________

(always good to hear from u as well)the tank is stable...lol...red slime is discouraging me at the moment but other than that ready to get rid of it and i have decided my tank is stable enough after about a year and a half to get some sps!i may also change my tru bulbs on my fixture to some ati or geissman bulbs...other than that high hopes for the future!!-drew

Discussion starter · #44 ·
I'm wicked jellos, Michael. I really like some of those pieces, too. Those last green zoas are great, I'd be stealing them if I lived closer. Dressed as the hamburgler.
Thanks Chris. No thieving would be necessary though. If you lived closer I am sure we would be trading all the time. :)

Looking good Wolf! I really like how the rocks are closer to the front almost like the frag rack was hidden. Seems like the rock is always the back drop and the goodies are shoved up against the glass. Now it's like the hidden treasure waiting to be found. Cool.
Thanks Ray, I was hoping it would work well. Now is the time for patience to see what happens with it as I get closer to changing the lighting.

I was hoping to go to the LFS today, but we had a tornado touch down 1/4 of a mile away from my home last night. Unfortunately it was between us and the power substation and claimed numerous large trees and a few power poles as well. We just got the power restored after 12 hours and I am really not up for a 4 hour round trip right now.

Discussion starter · #45 ·
Very very nice! I think you are my new inspiration for my up and coming frag tank!
Thanks for the huge compliment. :)

nice variety of critters you got in there cool colored zoas
These are my "test" zoanthids so to speak. I want to make sure they are going to do well before I move some of the others over to this system.

Drew, I saw your thread about the Cyano issues and wish you the best in getting that sorted out very quickly. It can definitely be frustrating, but it can be beaten as well.

Discussion starter · #46 ·
I have an update on this system. The 2 bar rabbitfish was captured and traded in at an LFS as it was caught red handed, or would that be yellow mouthed, eating zoanthids. Bright green ones were his first choice.

The better news is that I finally got the 250 watt pendant installed over the tank with a Phoenix 14K bulb in it. :D

Here is the latest FTS with the new light.

I think it lights it up very nicely.

Oh yeah, my wife wanted me to make sure I told you all that she actually hung the pendant over the tank while I was at work. Isn't love grand? :D

I have an update on this system. The 2 bar rabbitfish was captured and traded in at an LFS as it was caught red handed, or would that be yellow mouthed, eating zoanthids. Bright green ones were his first choice.

The better news is that I finally got the 250 watt pendant installed over the tank with a Phoenix 14K bulb in it. :D

Here is the latest FTS with the new light.

I think it lights it up very nicely.

Oh yeah, my wife wanted me to make sure I told you all that she actually hung the pendant over the tank while I was at work. Isn't love grand? :D
woohoo to mrs aquawolf for hanging it!:thumbup:
and it looks like the corals are filling in nicely :)

Wow... now that's impressive! I'm lucky to get my wife to even look at the tank, let alone help out in any way with it. :rolleyes:

Tank looks great... one of the favorite tanks I've ever owned was my 54gal corner.

D

Discussion starter · #53 ·
Discussion starter · #54 ·
Wow... now that's impressive! I'm lucky to get my wife to even look at the tank, let alone help out in any way with it. :rolleyes:

Tank looks great... one of the favorite tanks I've ever owned was my 54gal corner.

D
Oh yeah, it took me a while but I have gotten her hooked pretty well now. She evens goes with me to club meetings every now and then. :)

Oh yeah, it took me a while but I have gotten her hooked pretty well now. She evens goes with me to club meetings every now and then. :)
Holy cow, meetings too... mine will go in the fish room and read every now and then just for the piece of mind, still trying to figure out how to get her into it though. :rolleyes: Maybe one day.

D

How bout some updated pictures? :thumbup: Wolf, i love all your tanks i wish i could somehow have a tank like that in my life time haha all of your corals fill in so nicely and have such great colors, congratulations on making this tank into another beautiful tank!

Discussion starter · #59 ·
Holy cow, meetings too... mine will go in the fish room and read every now and then just for the piece of mind, still trying to figure out how to get her into it though. :rolleyes: Maybe one day.

D
I think what really got her into it was when we had the seahorses. They were like her little babies. It was very hard on her when we lost them, and I was afraid she would not want anything else to do with the hobby but she came around.

One of these days take her to the LFS with you and ask her to pick out a coral. Hopefully it will be one that your tank can support and you can take it home. If not then you can impress her with your knowledge about such things, and your compassion for not wanting to kill one of these animals. Remember, many people think that corals are plants still.

Best of luck. :)

How bout some updated pictures? :thumbup: Wolf, i love all your tanks i wish i could somehow have a tank like that in my life time haha all of your corals fill in so nicely and have such great colors, congratulations on making this tank into another beautiful tank!
Thanks, but the most recent pictures are not very pleasing at all. I have them posted in the thread I linked to above. I had a 400 watt heater stick on and am sharing that experience so that others can learn about it in this thread: http://www.thereeftank.com/forums/f6/to-heat-or-not-to-heat-nuking-of-the-54-gallon-133872.html . Not one of my prouder moments, but we have to learn from our mistakes and carry on.

looks awesome as usual, love the frag rack i say fill up the frag rack with some sps frags and let them grow out, it would still be considered a frag rack since it originated with frags lol.

41 - 60 of 106 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.