The Reef Tank banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All! Well spend around three hours last night tearing down my reef because overflow box decided to drop to the bottom of the tank and caused a large geyser to erupt with water shooting up into the air! Kinda of exciting in a way!:eek:

Then got up around 6AM and Pat and I went to my son's place and he took us out to a place called Frenchtown pond and we fished for about 4 hours! Man there are alot of different species of game fish in the pond. They have perch, sun fish, bull heads(catfish) bass, trout and pike.

My son Douglas caught a real nice bass and I got a keeper bass and a nice perch! Pat between tangling up her line twice and screaming from putting a night crawler on the hook(real funny) she caught a couple of sun fish! We all had a great time!

So here is a some pics of my tank after the new aquascaping took place. First pic is left side of my tank. I have lots of algae which is slowly disappearing from over feeding and new light set-up.

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Last pic as I am beginning to fall asleep as it has been a long day but alot of fun. This is a close up of my BTA with the small frag of Acro on the right which is growing larger and a encrusting gorgonian in the back ground!:)

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Hey Johnny, the aquascaping looks good. I think that pond fishing is the best. I spent all my time as a kid on a boat but the past 5 or 6 years I have been spending most my time at ponds and like you said, there is so many different types of fish to catch in one small body of water :cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.