The Reef Tank banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Needing good recommendations or sources on cement/epoxy for aquascaping dry rock! I've seen Marco cement, JB Weld, even super glue mixes, but of personal experience, what's the best mix for dry epoxy? The rock won't be going into the tank until days after being cemented. Thank you!

·
Registered
8,501 Posts
I have only ever used reef putty (I think that is the name)
It is a log like epoxy stick with one part wrapped around the other. Simple to use just cut off as much as you need and kneed together before applying.

·
Just some guy, you know?
22,926 Posts
That's a great video VWD! I've watched that one a few times.

I setup the scape for my 10G and 2G using dry rock and my method was to use that putty Jerry mentioned, but then I put superglue all over both rocks and pressed the whole thing together crushing the putty. I then strapped it in place and let it harden for longer than you'd expect you'd have to with Superglue (The accelerator would have been handy). This has held together great, I've removed the whole scape from the tank a couple times for maintenance and I've also moved 2000 miles with it and it's still holding together.

Whiskey

Edit - Tried to edit to be more clear and quoted myself instead. That's what the deleted message is about.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts