The Reef Tank banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
World Famous Coral!!! ~AO
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Effective June 18th, we'll be changing our hours once again, lol!

We'll only be open Thursdays thru Sundays only and closed Monday thru Wednesday....

We are needing more time to work on our aquaculture facility and decided to close on the days that are the slowest in order to get the facility up and running by the end of August.

We just placed an order for (24) 2'x8' vats for our coral side of the venture, which should keep me busy for a while ;) After I finish the drywall and electrical ofcourse, lol:)

After August we should be able to return to our "normal" hours of operation....

thanks

·
Registered
324 Posts
I am going to send you my gas receipt. I came over yesterday to get water - closed!

HA, the joke's on me. I'll start calling before I come.

·
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
During the summer that would be a good idea, lol. Monica and I decided that it would be a bad omen to spend our first anniversary at the store, lol.... Water is on the house next time you come in ;).

·
Registered
324 Posts
Yes, I would say you made the wisest decision. While I appreciate your offer, you have always taken care of me when I come in either it be a good deal or a great piece of advice.

Happy Anniversary, Ms. Monica!

·
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah come on! We had a running bet that you'd show up with a 55gal drum for fill up, lol!

·
Registered
324 Posts
That's funny. You know, I seem to remember once Monica mentioning to me that I was one of your more "thrifty" customers. I think that was the term she used, anyway. That's a nice lady's way of saying I'm cheap, huh?

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
congrats on all the 2x8's, where will all this stuff be located?

·
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's funny. You know, I seem to remember once Monica mentioning to me that I was one of your more "thrifty" customers. I think that was the term she used, anyway. That's a nice lady's way of saying I'm cheap, huh?
LOL, I don't think she has room to talk! She's a FREAK about yardsales, lol... It pays to be thrifty sometimes ;)

·
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
congrats on all the 2x8's, where will all this stuff be located?

Underground ha ha... It's amazing what all you can fit in a basement ;)
And, the temp. stability is really great! My own private free chiller, lol...

·
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Effective June 18th, we'll be changing our hours once again, lol!

We'll only be open Thursdays thru Sundays only and closed Monday thru Wednesday....

We are needing more time to work on our aquaculture facility and decided to close on the days that are the slowest in order to get the facility up and running by the end of August.

We just placed an order for (24) 2'x8' vats for our coral side of the venture, which should keep me busy for a while ;) After I finish the drywall and electrical ofcourse, lol:)

After August we should be able to return to our "normal" hours of operation....

thanks
Howdy, we'll be closed this coming Saturday, 6-20-09, for the SC Reptile Show in Columbia (one of my other money-sucking hobbies, lol). I'd highly recommend anyone with children to check this out as it is very kid oriented, i.e. kid shows, and for the "adults" you guys can see everything from King Cobras to Black Mambas (WOW)! Btw, you'd be surprised how many people there have reef tanks! I've even made some really good wholesale coral importation connections there from vendors importing snakes etc.! Anywho, we'll reopen on Sunday 1-6 and just a reminder, this is the week that we are beginning our new hours schedule and it'll be;

Thursday & Friday 3-7pm
Saturday 12-6pm
Sunday 1-6pm
We will be closed Mon, Tues, and Wed. for the remainder of summer to complete the first phase of our aquaculture facility....

Thanks guys!:cool:

·
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just a reminder, for you few club people lol, we'll be closed tomorrow (Saturday 20th) for the SC Exotic Animal Show in Columbia. I'm REALLY looking forward to this one! I'm hoping to come across the RARE Carolina Pygmy Rattler to add to my collection. BTW, there is going to be a breeder there that specializes in rare monkeys that stay on the smaller side! Might also have to hit a few, dare I say ;), LFS's to see how things have changed in the midlands over the years....

We'll reopen on Sunday at 1pm:)

·
Registered
324 Posts
Well, Chuck, thanks for the tip. My son and I went to Repticon yesterday, and had a blast. I spent the majority of my time looking at all of the venomous snakes the place had to offer. There were some impressively sized cottonmouths that I certainly would not want to run into in the woods. I think my son held every snake in the place that would allow him to. He even got peed on by some python - he thought that was cool!
I wish there was a show local for the reef hobby. If there was,and it was as nice as this one, I'd be like a kid in a candy store.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts