The Reef Tank banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
REALLY excited to be here
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone has any experiences with the AquaC skimmers? How might their type (spray injection) compare with a "My Reef" type (using a beckett injector) skimmer? I think that the technology is a little bit different but kind of the same idea. Their web site goes in to pretty good detail about different types of skimmers and how they work but I was just wondering if anyone has used one. I know that they come with a hefty price tag.

·
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Is there no one that has one of these skimmers???? I guess that answers my question.

·
Registered
178 Posts
How about giving some of us more than 6 hours to reply :)
I have one and I think Richard has one. I like the set and forget operation. I have an older style that gets some salt creep around the riser tube. It isn't a big deal, but I think they fixed that in current models. They do skim well, I believe are more efficient than downdraft or Beckett skimmers since they don't need quite so large of a pump. I would put them less efficient than Euroreef or other impeller skimmers.

·
Premium Member
7,889 Posts
wildernet said:
Is there no one that has one of these skimmers???? I guess that answers my question.
Sorry but my boss made me come to work today.:D

I have an EV-150. It perfoms well. I don't have any complaints. I bought it several years ago before MyReef was manufacturing. If I had it to do over again I would get a MR. Andy makes good stuff plus he's a friend.:)

·
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry for the impatience folks :rolleyes: I guess I got in a hurry. Thanks for the info.

·
Little fish in a big pond
5,916 Posts
I haven't used one, but I've sold a few and nobody has ever come back to complain :D

Jenn

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.