The Reef Tank banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all i have a 40 gal breeder with a 29 gal sump under compact florescents.a toadstool a kenya tree coral allot of zoes and pom pom xenia.2 ocellarious clowns a scooter blenny 1 yellow watchman.a cleaner shrimp 2 pepermints and a bunch of hermits and snails.my aqua c used to relly kick out the skimmate but now it hardly bubbles i pulled it off to clean it and the injector screw wouldent move the plastic screw head just flexes and bends.im really fed up with this thing.if anyone has some tips fore me i would apreciate it.ithink im going to upgrade skimmers to somthing better if you guys could tell me whitch would be best for my setup.thanks

·
I've got the REEF rash!
61,660 Posts
You could run vinager over the screw or drill and tap it out.I guess you don't clean it much.Try going in a little then out also!I use to run the Pro hang on,now I use the Coralife which with a easy mode it's as quite as the remora.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I recently encountered the same problem with the injector screw not budging. I contacted AquaC via e-mail and received a reply the very next morning, so I'll give them high marks for customer service. What was recommended was to either dry the unit and then attempt unscrewing the thing or heating the tip of a screwdriver, which makes it adhere to the nylon screw better and undoing it that way.

The "heating the screwdriver tip" did the trick! It did, however, kind of melt the screw into a glop, but I was still able to screw it back in using some needle nose pliers.

I contacted AquaC and they said they would be happy to send me a couple of replacement screws in the mail in the interim.

I really like their protein skimmer and appreciate their fast service and helpfulness, but I think I'll write and mention to them that perhaps they should mention this potential problem with the screw and provide some tips on removing it when it's stuck like that (and maybe include another nylon screw as well).

·
I've got the REEF rash!
61,660 Posts
Great tip(or should I say Hot tip! LOL)Well when I ran their skimmer I cleaned it every other week and it never got stuck.I agree with you with their CS.My unit was an old one that had no screw,so they sent me the tap and 3screws and two o ring for the cup for free and had it in days.And pleasant on the phone also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts