The Reef Tank banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently aquired an aqua c remora with maxi jet 1200...i dont even have any questions lol just wanted to tell everybody im releived to finally have a top of the line skimmer rather than my fission nano..which is about a joke..well i can finally say i know what skimate looks like!!its a beast the collection cup was a fourth of the way full in an hour and a dark brown!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!loving it thanks saw wave analog-drew

·
Registered
592 Posts
The Aqua C pulls a ton of stuff in the begining but then the production slows down big time. I think it is only because it is good at what it does. So in the begining you have a lot of organics, it cleans it up, then it just maintains a steady collection.

At first I was getting a full collection cup in 2 days. 1.5 years later, I am getting 1/4 collection up a week.

·
Perfeshunal Hikk
8,887 Posts
Decreased production after startup and breakin is typical with any skimmer that can handle the tank. It isn't anything special about an AquaC skimmer. The same exact thing happened with my CSS220 when I put it on a lightly stocked 90G tank. It was awesome for a week and then leveled out. And any skimmer is going to do that.

·
Retired Wanderer
17,190 Posts
The Aqua C pulls a ton of stuff in the begining but then the production slows down big time. I think it is only because it is good at what it does. So in the begining you have a lot of organics, it cleans it up, then it just maintains a steady collection.

At first I was getting a full collection cup in 2 days. 1.5 years later, I am getting 1/4 collection up a week.
I had the exact same experience. Our tank is 28g with hopefully appropriate feeding and I sometimes worry about not enough skimmate. There is no cyano or other algae and no fish are dying so I think we are in the zone. :beer:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts