The Reef Tank banner

Aqua C 180 Working ??

1K views 12 replies 3 participants last post by  hotdogg 
#1 ·
I have been looking everywhere and can not find any where to c if my 180 is working. I set the water level right to the bottom of the overflow tower and I still have nothing in my overflow cup it's been running for about 4 weeks and we added 2 green chromis a week ago plus live rock and live sand. the bubbles go up about 3 inches and thats it the air valve is all the way open and I have tried adjusting that but open all the way seems the best as far as bubbles go. I have had the tank with live rock running probably about 6 weeks and 2 chromis about a week and still nothing in the cup. Just wondering if maybe something is not right I have a Mag 7 for my pump thanks ahead of time.

#2 ·
I have had one for many years...It works great...Two issues that always come up, the cup and tower must be kept clean, and the 3/4" inlet on the unit from the pump can get clogged. Pull off the hose and unscrew the inlet connector and check for debris...If this does not help, call the company and they will guide you through any issues.

#3 ·
I took the cup off cleaned that and the tower and then switched pumps another mag 7 with about 18" of hose directly to skimmer before I had a mag 7 with 3/4" pvc to a barb fitting with a piece of hose about 6" long it looks like it helped but still doesn't seem right any more suggestions thanks

#4 ·
What is the volume of the tank? The AquaC skimmer are known for not working in low-bioload systems and if it is a newer skimmer, it might not produce anything for a while (AquaC is sensitive to hydrophobic particles such as oils and other residues). Is there any foam productions (not getting any build-up above the water/bubble break line)? Finally, how much air is not escaping by the collection cup?

#5 ·
the only other thing I will add is that the fitting on the unit itself(the inlet) has a damper inside, and your pump could have sucked a shell or a snail and it will clog in the inlet fitting...take it off and check for an obstruction, I use teflon tape to re-insert to make it leak proof...My system is bb, 150 gallons. with a light bio load...get about a cup of skimate every 2-3 days.

#6 ·
no the skimmer is not new I bought it from ebay and I cleaned it when I got it again today. Does the intake come apart on the skimmer I have not done that yet. but I did change pumps and clean the cups and tower I don't have any shells or anything like that it could have sucked up I have only been running for about 5 or 6 weeks. Only have about 20 or 25lbs of live rock, about 90lbs live sand in display 50 in refugium and 2 green chromis no CUC yet

#9 ·
thanks for the help just talked to AQUA C and they told me probably not enough load in the tank yet to do much. But I did take everything apart again and it helped a little bit but they told me to wait another week and if nothing call them back thanks for the help again I guess being a rookie is good and bad sometimes

#11 ·
yeah it foams in the tower but not up to the cup yet I set it exactly where he told me to. It's just frustrating being new at this and all and I have a problem with the skimmer. I'll wait a week like he said and see if not what's the next best thing for around $200-$250 thanks again. has to be an insump with same or smaller footprint. I have 2 mag 7 pumps to use with it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.