The Reef Tank banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I used to shop at AA. But ever since I got AEFW in my tank from this store, I stopped shopping there. However, the prices are good and they get some nice fish and corals from time to time. In closing, I feel that there are many other better places to shop with more knowlegeable staff and better quality livestock. YMMV.

·
Registered
7 Posts
AA is one of my top 3 fave local stores. I like the fish/cleanup crews. Usually have something unusual about. And I find both the guys knowledgablr. All the questions I have asked them they had the right answer.

And for the newbies you should QT all incoming fish and corals for problems. Blows my mind in the year 2006 people haven't gotten the message. Hard to have any sympathy for anyone who doesn't QT and then has problems.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Aa

I agree, everyone shpuld quarantine. Some people think that QT is too expensive and not necessary. However, when you shop at a store like AA, where the owners take no responsibility for their livestock, you really better quarantine everything.

I got AEFWs from AA around 2 years ago. Before the AEFWs, my coral treatment protocol was to do an interceptor dip followed by a Seacherm Reef Dip. Until I shopped at AA, that was all I needed to do without problems. Learn from me....QT everything. Also, I believe that the LFS should try their best to detect/eliminate these pests from their livestock. Action by the LFSs provide an addtional layer of protection against these pests. I would rather pay more for a quarantined and treated coral any day of the week. Wouldn't you?

However, after losiing almost all my SPS to the AEFWs from AA, I totally changed my protocol and will now QT everything that enters my tank.

Please feel free to start threads regarding your 2 other favorite shops.

merk1_99 said:
AA is one of my top 3 fave local stores. I like the fish/cleanup crews. Usually have something unusual about. And I find both the guys knowledgablr. All the questions I have asked them they had the right answer.

And for the newbies you should QT all incoming fish and corals for problems. Blows my mind in the year 2006 people haven't gotten the message. Hard to have any sympathy for anyone who doesn't QT and then has problems.

·
Registered
7 Posts
To be honest I QT everything. Doesn't matter if its from an online store, a friend, or a LFS. They are all equally suspect in my book.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts