The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
L.A.R.K. Plumbing Guru
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I have watched the poll and it was very close between the 13th and the 19th but, the 13th did have more votes so that will be the date of the meeting. I'll have some munchies and some beverages (Pepsi, Mt. Dew, Sunkist Orange, Miller Lite, and Bud Light). As far as munchies go I'll probably have some sort of a meat and cheese tray, chips, and maybe a veg and dip tray. Hopefully everyone can come as it should be a good time. And I would really love to be able to show everyone my setup as I know that everyone who wanted to come to my last one didn't get to make it. As far as frags go I do have some frags ready for trade that have been establishing for the past month to two months. They were going to be used for F&S's convention but, if someone locally is looking for something then I'll trade with you guys before I take them there.

I'll have some of my Green Pocillipora, Monticaps (Green, and the Purple-Rim) and the one frag of the Blue-purple tip acro for jakecaps for his frag of that acro he has. I do have another blue-purple tip but, the frag I would trade it for would have to be pretty fairly sized as my frag is pretty large and could already be fragged into probably 3 pieces. That's probably all that I have sitting around right now but, could probably find more.

Aaron I'm not sure if Jen is going to allow us to cut up that blasto as she is quite nervous about it (seeing that was the coral that she purchased at the coral swap last year). Still take your stuff along and after you look at it maybe we'll see if we can't convince her or do it when she's not looking lol.

Hope to see everyone there and post up any available stuff you might have to offer up.

Jason

btw my address is

504 Jefferson Avenue
Sparta, WI 54656

--From the interstate turn on exit 25 and follow Black River Street past the stop and go lights and turn Right on Jefferson Avenue I'll be on the left side of the road 2 blocks down

--From Black River Falls just stay on HWY 71 into Sparta and turn Left on Jefferson Avenue I'll be on the left side of the road 2 blocks down.

·
Reef Junkie
532 Posts
I'll be there! I have at least six nicely sized frags of that green blue acro, and 2 smaller pieces of purple acro with bright green polyps. Jason are you interested in a bigger piece of the blue green for that bigger piece of your blue purple, I have many sizes some are 3 inches or more with at least 5 branches. That way someone else can get another piece of your acro without having to bring up a huge piece. I have plenty of this fragged so I wouldn't miss it much.

·
L.A.R.K. Plumbing Guru
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Could you post up a pic of both the larger one as well as the smaller one? That way I can see a better pic of the coral?

Jason

·
Reef Junkie
532 Posts
I just tried snapin some pics but my MHs are not on yet. I couldn't get any good pics. I'll have some up in a little while for ya.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
I am planning on being there. I will post a list of items I have (corals, equipment, etc.) I am parting with due to my down size. Thanks for hosting this meeting Jason!

·
L.A.R.K. Plumbing Guru
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So was there any reason you decided to downsize Chris? Just figured that it was time to reduce down or are you planning on moving out of your current place and didn't want the hastle? Call me curious I guess lol. So, what are you going to make your new tank? Going to specialize it like just sps or are you going to keep it a mixed again?

Jason

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
The new place is a bit bigger in size but lacks a basement so it will too difficult to maintain my fragging "empire" and still keep the 120. With that I too have become very busy with work and want to branch out into other hobbies (hand guns). So in order to afford a second hobby I have to downsize my main hobby. All the corals in my frag tanks will have to go and then many of my soft corals in the 120. I am keeping the majority of my SPS/ LPS. I will know more towards may if I am going to be able to fit all my SPS in the new tank. The new set up will also match (wife's request) the living room design she has thought out (her hobby). So spread the word as I need it all gone. I too would be willing to make trades in May on the items that did not sell yet, but would not be looking for pick up until after I have moved (May 15-31st). I am going to try taking a few pics of the hard goods tonight and get them posted.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
April 13th Meeting Items Available

Below are the items I currently have available for sale. I can get pics for those who need them on the items below that at not listed with a pic (the items w/out pics are because they are in my storage unit at this time).
<?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O /><O:p></O:p>
Two Little Fishies PhosBan Reactor 150- used: $20.00 (all the fittings are sitting in the reactor) -SOLD
<O:p></O:p>
AGA 36” Twin Tube Strip Light- used: $35.00
Rio “Wave Maker”- new: $10.00
Two Pre filters: Maxi-jet/ Marineland- new: $5.00 for both
Sea Clone 100- used: $15.00 (in sump only and no powerhead)
Sea Clone 150-used: $40.00 (everything included)
CPR Overflow box (rated for 800gph/ one 1” Bulkhead)- used: $40.00
Maxi- Jet 900 (2 avail): $15.00 ea or $25.00 pair (used only about two weeks- too much current).
Marineland “Penguin” Powerhead (model: 550)- used: $10.00

Iwasaki 250watt 6500K (2)- used 8mo (4rs per day): $30.00 pair

Corals: Hammer, Galaxia, Cactus Corals, Kenya Tree, Monti Digi, Leathers, Mushrooms, Buttons/ Zoes, and Monti Caps.

Note: Items to be avail soon: (1) Icecap 660 ballast w/ 3 pair of endcaps, (1) 2 Lamp Electronic VHO ARO (#AS220) Ballast w/ 2 pair of encaps, Mag 3, 7, & 9.5 pumps, and Frag tanks(2- 48" tanks) w/ stand. If you are interested in any of these items please let me know so I can hold them for you.

Thanks,

Chris

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,383 Posts
Jason - What time do you plan on having the meeting start?

Chris - I'll need to get a few corals from you before you take everything down, but let me try to overcome my hair algae issues first.

·
L.A.R.K. Plumbing Guru
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
dang the luck chris, I just LITERALLY 2 days ago bought a phosban reactor lol.. paid more than what you are selling it for as well lol... **** the luck.

anyhow... about the meeting. how about a 1 o'clock start? could be noon too either way.

Jason

·
Reef Junkie
532 Posts
Jason I'll try to get some pics of my frags up for you early this week. I got side tracked on Saturday, and was at Josh's most the day yesterday. Finally, now I am here and have good light, my camera is dead. Keep an eye out in the next day or two.

Jake

·
L.A.R.K. Plumbing Guru
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I definately will... I would have been over at Josh's place too but, Jen and I were at an auction looking to pick up a freezer and I was looking to get a compressor. Neither of those items did we pick up as they were both pretty much garbage. Saturday was not completely a wash though as I did manage to finally plumb my 70 gallon that is in the basement into the 75 gallon sump. So, now they are all-in-one. Now I definately need to get to work on a better ATO idea. I will talk to my father this upcoming weekend to see if he has some kind of a solenoid float laying around that I can cob off of him and put into good use.

I'm pretty patient seeing the meeting isn't for another week and a half anyhow. If I see a pic of it it's just going to make that time go by slow lol.

Jason

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thanks again for having the meeting, looking forward to seeing your setup. Had a hard winter in my new room, too cold and some lighting problems, but things are turning around. My LPS are starting to do real well, so will be looking for some of those types, plus zoos, etc. See you then.

·
The Watcher
2,046 Posts
I should be there Jason, looking forward to seeing your setup!!!

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Jason, you should think about taking over Chris's "frag empire"...sounds like the whole..."Luke...I am your father" thing going on! Chris will be getting rid of his great 45 acrylic frag tower, what about plumbing that into your 70-75-120 system...now that would be the deathstar of all systems!
I really wanted to buy your pump off of your skimmer on rc...KIDDING!!! But I did see a super great H&S skimmer on rc for 1/2 price, I think it was a recirc with three pumps...just trying to get you into trouble with the wife/wallet!

Excited to see how things are progressing...
m

·
Reef Junkie
532 Posts
Chris If its still availible I want the Phosban reactor. I can Probably pic it up whenever. Better yet you should come see your old lights and that new purple acro I just got.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am new to the group and am pretty sure I will be coming to this months meeting. I don't have frags to bring, but am definitely interested in buying some. I am currently planning my 180 gallon starphire build. I got the tank and the skimmer...the rest is work in progress.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Welcome!
tanks are always works in progress :)
we are all excited to help you achieve your dream and empty your wallet.
Matt Hanson

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
All PM's Replied to. I agree Jason you should buy me out and build the "deathstar" of systems. I would being to cut you a good deal too just to move it or anyone else for that matter. Thanks!

1 - 20 of 140 Posts