The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
c.a.g. owner and operator
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went to clean out the filter sock today and found this in it . guesses ? first thought was maybe a seahare but it has no visible eyes or mouth ! giant flat worm ! this thing is big 3" by 2" when spread out . looks like a crawling clam mantle .

·
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
here it is more spread out .

·
Registered
317 Posts
Def. dont listen to me on this, but anything that could resemble coral flesh, in all likely manner, eats it.

·
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks k.k. but i have not added anything to this tank in 6 months that it could have came on so its been in there quite awhile and i have had no coral or animal losses . its amazing that even with as spares as my tank is with hiding places that something like this shows up .

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
It makes me nervous. 6 months a go that thing was probably much smaller so if it was eating any of the coral you may not notice it but now that is big and you catch it I would not put it back.
Or, do a little experiment, can you place it in anothe tank and place different corals in it to see if it eats any of them? if it does not botter any coral I would feel a lot better about placing it back in the main tank.

·
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
don't worry its not going back in ! but i will send it to anyone that wants it :thumbup: !

·
uber-stupid
4,781 Posts
Its the blob.

Maybe make a species tank for it. You would have to find out what it is eating.

Definatly cool maybe tim would want it he is looking for inverts.

·
11,345 Posts
Clockwork is right. Its a flatworm that eats snails. He IS reef safe but NOT invertebrate safe. I need to search to find the name.

Heres another. Hes 4"

All of these pics are of the same worm and it was the most gracefuol crazy looking invertebrate ive ever seen. When i would pour water on it in a bowl it would "flutter" like pic #4. VERY cool.....but....he didnt go back in my tank either

I first saw it in the middle of the night....same thing gwaco, hadnt aded anything forever to the tank that it could have come out of.........amazing you can have stuff like that and NEVER see it, especially when you look at your tanks as muich as i do. When i first saw him, i saw him go into a rock. The thing moved lioke the creature form "basic instinct" just kind of invisibly coated everything with distortion. as it moved. I pulled the rock out and it took me over an hour to get the thing out of the rock with a strong powerhead in order to not hurt him.

Attachments

·
uber-stupid
4,781 Posts
Fly Guy said:
The thing moved like the creature form "basic instinct".
Was that the interogation sceen when sharon stone crossed her legs?

·
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
its now gone ! took it to the fish store . its on its way to spanks place . he just loves ' em !:lol: these are what his secret new build is ! :cool:

aw i can't believe i told you all ! :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts