The Reef Tank banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Berginator, The
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just perusing the sponsers .. noticed that Hamilon Technology has my lights for half of what I usually spend on them .... and they have a customer quote that says something like "I tried a cheaper brand and it didnt go well so now I'm back here" type of thing ... well I can't imagine anyone ever beating that price.

Any one here give them a good report for 4 pin florescents?

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
They say theyre good quality products... I however hate their 14k halides. Theyre too blue. Every LFS Ive went to runs Hamiltons though, so they seem to be well known.

·
Premium Member
7,375 Posts
They have been around forever. I have bought most of my lighting through them, and dealt with them on countless occasions. Never had a problem. I haven't used enough of the other name brands to be able to judge who has the best, though.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
I have had nothing but problems with Hamilton. I have had 3 fixture (1 PC, and 2 MH) and all 3 had problems. The PC's almost started on fire due to a poor connection between the bulb and end cap. The first MH fixture just had the fans burn out after about 6 months so it wasn't a big deal. The second MH fixture I bought new from them and ended up replacing both MH ballasts about 3 times and the entire fixture one. Although it was all under warrenty, I had to pay for return shipping every time which added up to several hundred dollars and I was with out a light in the meantime. Had to borrow one from a friend.

I have never had any issues with their light bulbs though.

I have since used Aquamedic with better success. And now I use retro fit systems with luminarc reflectors.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Good stuff only thing I don’t like about them is their combo pendent, it ‘looks’ really cheap. Reefstar is probably their best line, really like the low profile design.

·
Pinch That Penny
2,240 Posts
I use their pc bulbs and won't use any other brand. The ones I'm running now are the first pc bulbs I've used of theirs and they are awesome. I have 2x96 watt 10,000k and 2x96 watt actinic running over my 55 and they don't have the ugly yellow tint to them that the coralife bulbs did.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts