The Reef Tank banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a 1" slip x slip gate valve locally. Anyone know where I can find one? I checked Ace Hardware, and they have some, but not up to 1". Thanks.

Chad

·
Registered
264 Posts
I was looking for one of these to more easily adjust the flow on my Euroreef. Couldn't find any locally (Lowes & Home Depot), but they are available mail order. Please post if you find a local source.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Please call and check out Plumbing Distributing Inc. They're at least in Lawrenceville and Woodstock (near Towne Lake). Here's their Lawrenceville and Woodstock info. I believe that they're open on Saturdays.

Plumbing Distributing Inc
1025 Old Norcross Rd
Lawrenceville, GA
<LABEL>Phone:</LABEL> (770) 682-5424

<TABLE class=listingdetailtbl><TBODY><TR><TD>Plumbing Distributors Inc
115 Bascomb Park Dr
Woodstock, GA

<LABEL>Phone:</LABEL> (770) 924-2730
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Bob

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think I'm going to try Handy Hardware in Brookhaven since it's closest to me. If they don't have what I'm looking for, I'll call the place in Lawrenceville. Thanks for the help, and I'll let you know if I find any.

Chad

·
Jr. Reef Tank Engineer
1,081 Posts
If you can't find them at the Handy Hardware, check out Ferguson Enterprises, which sells plumbing supplies mainly to professional plumbers and industrial customers.

They have 2 intown locations that I know of; one near the corner of Memorial Drive and Moreland Ave. down the street from L5P, and a new location near Clarendon and College Ave. in Avondale Estates. I believe that Ferguson's has Saturday hours until 12 PM.

HTH,
Michael

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just to let everyone know, I went to Handy Hardware (actually called General Hardware) in Brookhaven today, and they had an assortment of gate valves, both slip and threaded. A 1" valve cost me about 9 bucks. Thanks again for everyone's help.

Chad

1 - 8 of 8 Posts