The Reef Tank banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
RIP Steve Irwin
5,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
to remove hard water stains from an older fishtank? I got a neat sized tank, but was freshwater at one point, and it needs a little TLC. Also, a tank from 1994 that has no Tempered Do Not Drill sticker on it must be drillable? Or how do you find out, Thanks Steve

·
Got Crabs?
5,526 Posts
Muratic acid should tank care of it for ya.

·
Banned
2,995 Posts
I had this same problem and I tried EVERYTHING... even acid, bleach, vinegar, etc. And nothing took them out, but when the tank is filled with water- they are hard to see. But, yes, very noticeable in an empty tank.

Hope you can get em out.

·
RIP Steve Irwin
5,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Seriously? Will this damage the seams or just leep it off of em? Thanks Bday boy!
redwinger said:
Muratic acid should tank care of it for ya.

·
RIP Steve Irwin
5,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did use some acid today and it worked great. The tank came clean everywhere except a bit of some white haze around the top.....which can not be seen with water in the tank so whatevea~ Thanks John for the suggestion. I think since I have to build a canopy anyways and stand...that I can just make that to mold around the not so good condition plastic trim on this tank, then it will be real nice. Thanks again Karlos for the great deal on the tank.

·
Got Crabs?
5,526 Posts
Glad it worked for ya. Make sure you rinse it real good even though I am sure you did.:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts