The Reef Tank banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a spotted hawk who needs to find a home. That is if I can get him out of the tank. I am looking to get some pep shrimp for aptasia grazing and the hawk would eat them as fast as they go in the tank. He is prolly about 3" or a little bigger.

G

·
come to think of it i would have to take out all 165 lbs to get them out so ill have to pass....

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
I'd be interested in having it in one of my tanks at Augsburg.

They are really cool fish that demonstrate some of the many nifty variations on bodyplan and fin usage that allow different types of fish to adapt to different lifestyles (in other words, my students could learn something from being able to observe this fish!).

I used ot have one of these but had to get rid of it because it was attacking certain fish (it attacked and tried to eat a small yellowtail blue damsel), and because I wanted to keep peppermint shrimp. However, I now have enough different compartments that there are multiple places it could live without causing trouble.

I probably would not have any time to pick it up during the next month (trips, lots of work, etc), but if you were in the area and could drop it off that might work well.

Let me know what you think might work out, and how soon you need to be rid of the fish.

Thanks,

Bill

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.