The Reef Tank banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone on this forum is from Pennsylvania especially the Allentown/Bethlehem area or anywhere within 1 hour or a little more of here. This includes Philadelphia. I am looking for a good saltwater store where the people that work there actually know what they are talking about and they sell good fish at a good price, also if they have good corals for sale at a resonsable price. If you know of any, please let me know! Or if you live in this area and you are fragging any of your corals or looking to get rid of any coral or fish.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
My fathe lives in pa I went to a few in his area there wasn't really any good ones. I actually went to by far the worst one I've ever been to while there. I have no idea how far you are from honesdale pa but there is a okay one. They don't have tons of stuff but the lady that worked there was nice and knew some stuff

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
I think it just says pet shop on it they sell other stuff its some were in between honesdale and Hawley. They sell wood stoves and the other crap to. I went to a really good one on my way home its in fish kill New York right of rt 84 they were building a 3000 gallon shark pool they had alot
Of stuff

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
I wasn't sure were you were in pa so I just threw it out there. Pa and ny are so close inane areas but not in all. We're my dad lives its separated by the Delaware river so there's a bridge everywere connecting New York to Pa

·
Registered
7,042 Posts
The hidden reef
The fish factory
That fish place

·
Fuzzy Stick Crazy
7,319 Posts
Love Bethlehem. I graduated from Lehigh U. In 2010. you should go visit ecotech marine. Their HQ is in Bethlehem and they developed the MP40 in the same lab I did my senior project in.

They can point you to the best stores around for sure. I took a break from aquariums when I was in school so I cant refer you.

Also, go have a sandwich at the goose for me.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Love Bethlehem. I graduated from Lehigh U. In 2010. you should go visit ecotech marine. Their HQ is in Bethlehem and they developed the MP40 in the same lab I did my senior project in.

They can point you to the best stores around for sure. I took a break from aquariums when I was in school so I cant refer you.

Also, go have a sandwich at the goose for me.
haha sweet yeah Lehigh is very nice and okay I will go both for you!

·
Taco Grande
170 Posts
If you dont mind driving 1.5Hrs there is a really nice store in Clifton, NJ. "Absolutely Fish". Personally it is the best store i've been to. All of their employees are very knowledgeable from what I've seen. I was actually there on a weekday night right before close and I saw an older employee quizzing a new employee on saltwater tanks. I was impressed. They take what they do very seriously.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts