The Reef Tank banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I dont want your stuff, Just your time I live in Naperville, IL just looking for someone who really knows the ins and outs of reef keeping to take some time and sit down with me and teach me what they know.
I dont have a ton of money so in return i could maybe help you around the house im pretty handy. im good at building and great with cars!:fish:

· Perfeshunal Hikk
11,076 Posts
If you can find someone to sit and talk that is awesome. If you can't, then simply start reading here. If there is something you don't understand or are curious about more, simply ask and someone here will help you with it.

· Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Onedummhikk, i have been reading here for a while, im dislexic, Reading while fun for me isnt a great way for me to retain information, However if I can physicaly see someone doing somthing I NEVER forget it, A blessing and curse.

· Reef Nut
1,255 Posts
Jon, I live up in the NW suburbs, (off of 53 just N of Woodfield) not really that far and would love to talk about this stuff w/ you. I have had sw fish since early 90's and reef for 5 years. You are welcome to come to my house and we can talk along w/ sowing you how I am running my 2 tanks - 75 and 10, or we can meet somewhere and have lunch or something, whatever works for you. You should also look at the following link - I don't recommend other sites for information, but this is the link to the CMAS (Chicago Marine Aquarium Society) site which is an on-line gathering of local enthusiasts. I know there are a lot of people in your area obsessed w/ this hobby, I just when down to Romeoville last month where I got a bunch of terriffic sps
from a guy where they were outgrowing his tank. http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=180

· The hammer is my...coral
1,655 Posts
Onedummhikk, i have been reading here for a while, im dislexic, Reading while fun for me isnt a great way for me to retain information, However if I can physicaly see someone doing somthing I NEVER forget it, A blessing and curse.
you need a program that reads for you :)

sometimes ti makes a difference.

also try youtube
you may be able to find a tutorial on what you want ot find.

· Premium Member
11,973 Posts
Great job stepping up Scoop. I figured that if there were any reefers close to where you live at least one of them would be willing to talk with you and help you out. If you are lucky enough to have a club close by then joining it would be a great thing for you as well.

Best of luck with your reefing future.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.