The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Whuch' you need?
3,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering is anyone had them. I was thinking about buying a polyp and would like to know of any experiance.
thanks
Derek

·
Land Shark
5,946 Posts
I have/had one. I gave it to tico mike to take care of, as it needs to be fed a couple times a week, and he was actually doing that, unlike me. He sold a bunch of his stuff to HFG, so I'm not certain if it ended up with him, or where it went, or if it croaked. It seemed to be a slow grower, even when being fed.

·
Whuch' you need?
3,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool, thanks,
PS- when do you want to hook up and make the exchange?

·
TCMAS Member
5,667 Posts
I think I have one but uncertain if its just a lonely sun coral polyp or a dendro. It's not very flashy colored a light yellow/orange it stays open more than a sun coral typically and when open the tenticles are more clear looking. But in the close to two years, it hasn't really grown or split. It was a hitchhiker on a rock from a wild colony of blasto merlettis.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
epidemic said:
Do you have the red rotundoflora Fritz?
Think so.. not sure which one is THE :)

I know we have stuff for Gooch (who we got to meet at F&S :) )and Redwinger. Unfortunately, it could be some time before Mike is free to point it out. I am sure they are all separated though and won't get sold off, just needs sorting. Clownnut knows the pieces for otolith... I believe he sent him an email, but no response.

Big family crisis recently for me, clownnut has taken over triing to get the pieces to everyone.

·
Land Shark
5,946 Posts
HFG said:
Think so.. not sure which one is THE :)

I know we have stuff for Gooch (who we got to meet at F&S :) )and Redwinger. Unfortunately, it could be some time before Mike is free to point it out. I am sure they are all separated though and won't get sold off, just needs sorting. Clownnut knows the pieces for otolith... I believe he sent him an email, but no response.

Big family crisis recently for me, clownnut has taken over triing to get the pieces to everyone.
We've been in touch, just haven't been able to hook up. Hope things are ok for you and your family.

·
RIP Steve Irwin
5,500 Posts
lol I did not see an elegance there but may be mistaken.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Well we didn't parade it around, LOL. We had/have a fair amount of stuff we are helping Tico get to the rightful owners. I think he had to promis the elegence to Capman to get him to stop drooling on his carpet... OK this might not be the actual story... but pretty sure...
;p

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Irenicus said:
Fritz, did you buy all of Mike's corals? Talk about LPS Heaven :)
Essentially, yes. Most of them we will be growing out. He had 2 power outs the week before we picked them up, while he was on vacation. The tank had recently been upgraded to 400w MH. The combination of the two did a number on some of the large chalaces. Most everything is looking good at this point though, much of it looks GREAT :)

·
TCMAS Member
3,023 Posts
HFG said:
Essentially, yes. Most of them we will be growing out. He had 2 power outs the week before we picked them up, while he was on vacation. The tank had recently been upgraded to 400w MH. The combination of the two did a number on some of the large chalaces. Most everything is looking good at this point though, much of it looks GREAT :)
Please tell me you are growing out that echino Mike proudly calls "Strawberry Dirkcake"

We need to get more of that going around. :drool: :drool:

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Clownnut is incharge of the LPS Designer name corals :) Him and JNS and Rain and... well everyone says I am color blind...Of course, I think they are all color blind... but any how, I am sure if it has a name, we are growing it out.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts