The Reef Tank banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I have awful luck with being able to attend meetings lately, I figured I'd just plain ask on the board. :)

Do any of you have any blue/red mushrooms, pulsing xenia, zoos, or RBTAs that you'd be willing to sell?

We finally have our tank, after its nasty crash due to what we suspect was electric current problems a few months prior, back and sufficiently (to our satisfaction) stable again, and we have compact fluorescent lighting now (last time we just had regular fluorescent and that didn't work out so well) with fresh new bulbs on the way (420/460nm actinic and 6700/10000 daylight) so we sort of want to try easy to keep coral-like critters again.

·
Premium Member
703 Posts
I could get you some zoos and maybe a shroom or two but it'll have to wait till next week sometime. I will be at Country Fest until Mon. morn then have to drive to Chicago for a day or two. I'll let ya know when I'm back:wavey:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
chazz-66 said:
I could get you some zoos and maybe a shroom or two but it'll have to wait till next week sometime. I will be at Country Fest until Mon. morn then have to drive to Chicago for a day or two. I'll let ya know when I'm back:wavey:
Nifty; just PM me when you get back then!

·
Premium Member
4,947 Posts
I have everything on your list but the rtba (have one, but not selling). I am meeting Devilboy in Baldwin tomorrow. If you would like to meet as well, pm me.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
mtfatwork how much for Xenia?

·
Premium Member
4,947 Posts
$5 per stalk. I have a ton of other stuff right now as well. I have yuma ricordea mushrooms for $15, these things get huge! I also have a ton of zoos and a bunch of acan lords. Also a bunch of sps for sale right now too.

I will update my website tonight and post a link.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
how do you get mushrooms to grow onto a piece of rock or a frag plug?
i have a lot of mushrooms in my nano and if i can get some of the smaller ones to go onto something other than the live rock... i'd have some for members.

·
Premium Member
4,947 Posts
mushrooms spread like the plague. Just put a rock that you dont like and lean it against the rock with mushrooms on it and they will slowly grow over both rocks. Then you can just chop up the rock. You could in theory do the same thing with plugs. I just cut them off at the base with a razor blade, put it on a plug (glue it if you would like to hold it temporarily) and then either put a bunch of rubble rock on top of it, or a light layer of sand, or a light layer of sand and a piece or two of rubble rock. As it heals it will attach to anything it can find.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, everything arrived home intact and pretty decent looking. :D

When I got home the xenia were pulsing in the bag; talk about easy going.

They got a little peeved when I had to remove them and situate them into the tank (Tim did the acclimating while I was at work), but opened up within two minutes of my hand going away.
They're neat and creepy at the same time; all those weird grasping 'hands' and movement and all. :D

The mushrooms look to be doing pretty well as well. I got them put into nice little rock holes in low flow areas so they don't blow around the tank.

On top of that, our two new Sunpaq bulbs came today.
I THOUGHT we had good lighting before, but what we had was yuck compared to these bulbs. We didn't leave them on for long, so as not to stress the newcomers, but I think they'll very much enjoy the new lighting.

So far the fish are ignoring the xenia and mushrooms, which I'm sure they don't mind one bit.

·
Premium Member
4,947 Posts
Glad to hear everything went off without a hitch. I think there was an extra stalk or two on that xenia as a thank you for meeting me instead of me having to drive all the way out there. I had company coming over at 4:30pm so it worked out really well. Save that link I sent to you and if you are ever on your way to the cities, or on your way home, shoot me a pm when you will be around, or just gimme a buzz and you can come check out my tanks.

Thanks again Amanda!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts