The Reef Tank banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Sumpless Girl
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive been thinking of trying a damsel semi aggressive tank, the tank is 55 gallons. any one keep a group of damsels?
is it better to keep one of each? the damsels im interested in are..
marginal damsel
yellow tail
3 stripe
two stripe
talbots
pink smith
and a honey damsel

·
Registered
482 Posts
i used to have a 29g tall, the first fish i added to it were 3 damsels, one blue tail, one yellow tail, and a 3 stripe. The problem i had, was the more domminant damsel which was the blue tail beat up and killed the other two, all three were added at the same time, with the lights off. i mean maybe that was just my experience and not everyone has had the same issues as i have.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
hey pastina, you can have my 2 three stripped-black and white damsels! i tried getting my cat to kill them - that didn't work and now i have them, temporairly, in the 30 gallon tank. they gotta go - too mean and, after being in the 30 gallon alone for a month and more, they will be very territorial.
p.s. how ya been pastina - it's been a long time since we chatted.

·
Sumpless Girl
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
howdy petunia :wavey:

i keep aggressive cichlids and i always keep one species so they dont pair off cuz once they pair they will kill everything in site.
so this is what made me wonder if damsels were similiar? and by just keeping one type in a mix they cant pair off and maybe that would make them more tolerable of each other?
i plan on about 7 or 8 damsels (all different) so maybe with that many they cant really single out one?

my clownfish are fighting like crazy in my other tank. its kinda humorous to watch, beemo will attack nemo at feeding time and nemo will go into a shaking fit and slap beemo in the face with his tail :banana:

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
you always have the most interesting stuff going on in your tank/s. you should start a tv show or write a book about all your cool stuff. my tanks are boring compared to yours... like your poop eating fish and now, nemo and beemo.

·
Sumpless Girl
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lmao :nuts:

aww that poor poop eater, i miss him :cry:

maybe i just watch to much tank tv :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts