The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just kicking around ideas for my next setup and have always liked the specs of a 120 (4' x 2' x 2'). Does anyone in the club have a setup with this size tank? If so would you mind giving me some specs on the setup? Maybe even some pictures if you have some handy. Thanks

·
Why I get nothing done...
2,978 Posts
I have one:

http://thereeftank.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80253

It's a center overflow.
SEN700 return pump (a bit small, looking to change)
ASM G1-x skimmer (great skimmer but too small, getting G3)
Just installed two Seio 1100 powerheads which work great, but eventually would like to go closed loop.
I got about 200lbs of live rock
2 400W metal halide hamilton14k
2 VHO running on icecap 660
2 fans in hood and 1 in stand
1/4HP PCI chiller

HTH
Sean

·
Got Crabs?
5,526 Posts
Tito you can follow my build thread as that is going to be a 120.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
coldwaterreefer - How do you like the size?

tashier - Great looking setup.

redwinger - I will take a look at your thread.

·
Got Crabs?
5,526 Posts
No tank to look at yet hopefully this week but you can see the general layout.

·
Registered
748 Posts
I have a 4x2x2 as a 3 side viewable tank. It's pretty high up with a 41" stand if I remember correctly. You don't have to crouch to look in it. It's really nice to stand straight up and look in the tank.

Kevin W.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
this is my 120g tank. im running 2 400w 20k xm's with cool guy reflectors and pfo hqi ballasts. 1 iswaki 30 pressure pump for return and an iswaki 30 flow pump for the closed loop. korallin ca reacotor and 8" skimmer with a 29g sump. its a simple design but it works.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Awesome setup spazz!

I think I will do some calling around and see what type of damage a 120rr will do to the wallet.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
tito said:
Awesome setup spazz!

I think I will do some calling around and see what type of damage a 120rr will do to the wallet.
fritz had a nice acrylic one for sale that is brand new and ready to go cheap. he might still have it.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Due to a few reason I want to get a glass tank. That acyrlic tank looks beautiful though.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Unless I find a used 120rr or some sales pop up I think I will go with a 75rr. It looks like it will cost about $500.00 :eek: for a AGA 120rr tank and overflow kits versus $250.00 for a AGA 75rr. I can buy a simmer with that extra $250.00.

I will make sure the equipment I get for the 75 is large enough for a 120 if one pops up.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Check on Craigslist, I've seen some awesome deals on tanks on there. Just check to see if they have used copper on them....

·
KILLER OF HA
1,659 Posts
the glass tank will be very heavy and the one fritz has can be drilled any way you. this is for information only not cuting down anyone becaus ei have a 120 glass and it is heavy. :)

·
Registered
363 Posts
I'd recommend a dolly if you are on the ground floor for moving it..... otherwise, I recommend beer and pizza:beer:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts