The Reef Tank banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,467 Posts
I'm not sure if it's exactly the same product, but I've used similar one's that work quite well. Well worth the investment, IMO.

PS> Sorry about the other thread. We'll take better care of this one. ;)

·
Premium Member
34,435 Posts
never used one, but something to look into.

question-do they use rechargeable batteries or regular? i would be worried about it actually working for any length of time if it uses rechargeables. they tend to lose thier ability to work after prolonged periods of constant charge. a regular battery will just sit there waiting the call. also less expensive to replace when dead. will need to be checked once a year though.

G~

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
IMO, it looks to low tech for rechargeable's, but I've seen stranger things. I just ordered two so I'll give an update when I put them to use

·
TRT Staff The Mominator
10,503 Posts
I have a couple of the PleniPlax battery operated pumps. I bought them once after the power went out and we were keeping the tank aerated with a hand mixer/egg beater, LOL.

Nice to know I have these if needed and I just rotate the batteries for them out when I do the rotation on the other disaster supplies.

Sorry about your original thread, Eric.

Alice

·
Registered
570 Posts
Not to sound ignorant but....um what do you use air pumps for?

·
Registered
570 Posts
doesnt the skimmer and wet/dry filters and stuff saturate the water enough or should i plug in a pump?

·
Premium Member
13,218 Posts
Travis if the electricity goes out, you won't have the skimmer or wet/dry. People use the battery backup air pumps to help keep the tank circulated until the power comes back on.

You don't need them at the same time you're using the skimmer, wet/dry and all the other pumps. Only in a emergency when the power goes out.

·
Registered
570 Posts
ahhh thanks so much spanky the light just flickered on :) thanks man

1 - 12 of 12 Posts