The Reef Tank banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering if anyone has used one of these for their nanocubes?
i sent a message to chris, still havent gotten one back, so maybe you all can answer my question. i was hoping to use this one as a replacement of my stock shield for better cooling, but im unsure if i can use this because im not sure if the holes are drilled the same way or not, anyone know if this will work for my 12g dx or not? if so will i need more light clips or will the ones from the other work?
http://nanotuners.nanocustoms.com/nanotuners/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=&products_id=117

thx for reading. :dance:

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well anywho, i bought it and i will post an update later after i install it as to see if it helped or not.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I have not heard much about them. I know alot of people are trying them out. Let us know how it goes

·
Stinky Slimey FEESH
2,718 Posts
I am interested in knowing if the heat shield works for a JBJ 12 DX too. I saw them on-line, thought it was an interesting idea - - thanks!

HHC

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
works great, much better than the stock shield, i have seen temp drops of about 3 degrees, my tank at one point would soar up to about 87-88 now it maintains 83-84 (during the day, w/ the lights on)... very big difference, but in order for the shield to work correctly, you have to move things around in the hood. so that the splash guard fits correctly again. i deffinitly recommend NC owners to purchase one, on the downside... i prolly could have bought some of the metal these are made out of at Home Depot, and made it myself for less than 5 bucks, the only thing that makes these nice is that the holes are already pre-punched for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts