The Reef Tank banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if anyone else on this forum keeps US Native Fish? Whether Freshwater or Saltwater. I personally keep primarily freshwater US natives. I've got a 20H, another 20H, 30L, another 30L, and a 75 devoted to keeping natives and I'll soon be switching my 75 from an aggressive native tank to a peaceful native tank as I upgrade the inhabitants to a new native tank of 150G+. My favorite natives would have to be darters because of their interesting behaviors, quirky personalities, and beautiful coloration... my current avatar is a picture of my male Greenside Darter. I also keep various native Cyprinids, Killifishes, Livebearers, Sunfish, and Catfish, I've kept Catostomids (Suckers) in the past. One of my dream setups would be a tank 180-240 gallons with all very inshore saltwater fishes of a temperate area of the East Coast such as NC or SC with fish like Spots, Southern Kingfish, Red Drum, Croaker, Flounder, and Gafftopsail Catfish.

But enough of my rambling, who else keeps or wants to keep salt or freshwater US natives?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts