The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just curious if anyone is up in the St. Cloud area. It's always nice to meet new people.

·
I got brains!!
1,523 Posts
I know there are a few that are up that way, I am up there too visiting my mother that still lives in St. Cloud. Hope the others chime in for you:)

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Zekester-
Where do you go when you are looking for corals? Unless something has popped up and I don't know about it St. Cloud is kind of barren.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I also live in St. Cloud. Glad to have ya up here.

Forget about getting corals here. Dont buy anything from the store in the mall! Petco is ok for certain things. The live rock is good. Fairly priced. I go get fish on Tuesdays right when they come in so they are not in their tanks too long.

The closest stores are premier pets in Rogers and Ramsey, or jns(jerry) or jake (razercorals)

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, the mall store is pretty sick looking. You can't beat petco's prices and i have noticed they get a few things in now and again that are pretty sweet. I bought a dwarf zebra lionfish from them the day it arrived, oh what a glorius animal, but it died right away (operator error i am sure...a lot of my hermit crabs dissapeared in that time frame). I will have to talk to jerry and jake and see where it goes from there. I don't need much right now, but when my 65 gets in the wall i will have to stock that up.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
65 gallon w/live rock a couple clowns 2x96w vho's and some mushrooms, seaclone skimmer, and a medium size hob filter
5.5 gallon w/rock and shrooms 2x24w pc lights

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

I live in Rogers and am just getting started. I just got a 40 gal up and running. I have been working with Premier Pets and have had a great experience with them.

·
Registered
46 Posts
PP is in by Target and Kohl's....There is a little strip back there.
IF you go to rogers you might as well go to Jerry's....

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I might have to free up some time and go for a spin around the cities and possibly visit Jerry. Anyone else I should talk to for a few small frags of zoo's?

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
There will be a place to buy corals in St. Cloud as soon as the store is open. Granite City Reef Aquatics, in the same building as Granite City Hydroponics. I have met and spoke with the ower Joe. Real nice guy, their doing it right over there, one step at a time using nice equipment. I think Bob made the tanks. Check-em out when they open, their by Out and About Gear accross from the Mall.

I also have a few frags you are more than welcome to stop by and see how we do getto style:lol:

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It would be great to have a good store in St. Cloud. Hopefully they can get the business to stay around. If they treat a person good and have competitive prices I would much rather deal with a small business than the big box stores. Have any of you ever checked out the pet supply place over by Wally World. She has some decent prices for tanks, and a pretty healthy selection.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts