The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
11,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well......Ive got some choices now, and quite a bit of room so I have options.

I just sold a couple things taking up space in the garage and driveway and Im taking part of it to restock.

Corals are my main priority, so I dont intend on buying any high dollar fish, but im open to suggestions.

The most painful fish loss was my sixline ive had for almost 3 years and he was huge. :(

anyway......here is what survived

225-
7" chevron
2.5" tomini
pink spotted watchman
false perc and his condy

90-
2.5" tomini

Here is what i am thinkin of adding so far.

225-

another false perc- I know its a risk. I have never fed this condy and it hasnt eaten his provider yet........im hoping that if i add another smaller FP that it will both pair up and NOT get eaten

6-line

mandarin

and the 90-

scribbled rabbitfish

bluejaw trigger

What else??

·
11,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ignoring the other fish... :)

the LFS had a filefish in one of their display tanks a little while ago. not sure which kind it was, it had a brown'ish coloring, but that was one cool looking fish.

J.
they are defintely cool looking.......but Ive already killed plenty of animals recently. ;)

·
spaceman spiff
11,769 Posts
You forgot the pair of Sohals.

I like your list. I still like the blue jaw, and I'd also recommend one of the mimic tangs. I'd like to get my hands on a half-black mimic if you could find one, but my yellow picks rocks all day long without bothering any corals (I think Whiskey had a problem with one picking on a coral, but he probably had the dwarf angel equivolent... hehe!). He's a real treat to watch, and I'm looking forward to watching him morph to the adult coloration. Very dosile for an Acanthurus sp. tang, too.

·
11,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You forgot the pair of Sohals.

I like your list. I still like the blue jaw, and I'd also recommend one of the mimic tangs. I'd like to get my hands on a half-black mimic if you could find one, but my yellow picks rocks all day long without bothering any corals (I think Whiskey had a problem with one picking on a coral, but he probably had the dwarf angel equivolent... hehe!). He's a real treat to watch, and I'm looking forward to watching him morph to the adult coloration. Very dosile for an Acanthurus sp. tang, too.

yeah.......my blue jaw was just coming around before the accident. Hes getting replaced no question.

I dont love boring yellow tangs. No offense yellow tang owners. :) What do they morph into?? Would one be cool with the chevron and tomini already in there?? I dont plan on putting any more tangs besides the tomini in the small tank.

·
c.a.g. owner and operator
2,311 Posts
if your getting a trumpetfish you might as well assemble a whole band !
along with the trumpet get a drum , and a guitarfish:rotflmao: !
how about a nice blue stripe or a blue ring angelfish !
a springers dottyback !
a fourline instead of a sixline wrasse !
a pacific coral rabbitfish !
a lieutenant tang ( acanthurus tennentii ) awesome looking tang i.m.o.
either a lineatus or an exquisite wrasse !
a small group of blue reef chromis (chromis cyanea )!
a heniochus butterfly !
a yellow assessor !
candycane wrasse !
pyramid butterfly fish !
o.k. i'm out of ideas :funny: !

·
Mommy Mod
5,294 Posts
Thanks for all the input everyone :funny:

ok since noone has any ideas......i think im going to add:

moorish idol
tassled filefish
clown tang
trumpetfish
and
3 ribbon eels

how does that sound??
sounds like we are looking for attention LOL!

:wavey:

gobies, i like gobies they are funny!
Blennies - got any choices there? always amusing

·
11,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
anyone have any experience with a niger trigger??

There is one at the LFS right now about 3.5-4" and he is gorgeous. Active and out front too. I almost recall picking the bluethroat over the niger for a specific reason....just cant remember why.

·
Learn something every day
671 Posts
When I first saw this thread I thought you were looking for frags to restock.
I don't have much but if you get to the Carson City (south of Reno) area and you know how to frag you are welcome to just about anything I have. zoas frogspawn torch xenia mushrooms kenya. I don't know how to frag and I don't want to ship but I have boxes and if you want to frag and ship PM me. This offer extends to just about anyone in a disaster cleanup mode and any others that want to trade

·
11,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
When I first saw this thread I thought you were looking for frags to restock.
:) Nope....just trying to pick out some fish. I already have a pretty good idea of what im throwing in coralwise........

Thank you and everyone else who has offered frags. It means a lot to know people feel your pain and would be willing to help out when chips are down.

ok....so i just ordered the false perc....and i have decided clearly on a niger instead of the blue throat.

Thanks for the tang sugestions Chris.....but I think im tanged out already. :)

Im still looking for a larger fish to throw in the 225...nothing ridiculously large......but something that can poop with the best of them

......if anyone knows where i can find a siganus stellatus.....let me know.

______
chevron
tomini
pink spotted watchman
2 false percs
6 line wrasse
mandarin
LMB

tomini
siganus doliatus(unless I can find a siganus stellatus like gwacos)
yellow coris wrasse
niger trigger

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Are you going to have any room after you acclimate the FlyGuy Frag?

Well......Ive got some choices now, and quite a bit of room so I have options.

I just sold a couple things taking up space in the garage and driveway and Im taking part of it to restock.

Corals are my main priority, so I dont intend on buying any high dollar fish, but im open to suggestions.

The most painful fish loss was my sixline ive had for almost 3 years and he was huge. :(

anyway......here is what survived

225-
7" chevron
2.5" tomini
pink spotted watchman
false perc and his condy

90-
2.5" tomini

Here is what i am thinkin of adding so far.

225-

another false perc- I know its a risk. I have never fed this condy and it hasnt eaten his provider yet........im hoping that if i add another smaller FP that it will both pair up and NOT get eaten

6-line

mandarin

and the 90-

scribbled rabbitfish

bluejaw trigger

What else??

1 - 20 of 28 Posts