The Reef Tank banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
ya that is a beauty. but its also reefer madness. and every order i got from them was not the coral in the pic.

·
Semi-retar...eh...retired
2,995 Posts
The best thing to do with RM corals is save the pic on your computer, open it with Photoshop, then decrease the color saturation about 33%. Then you'll see the coral you'd be getting. :funny:

There is no doubt they "enhance" their pics. I personally think it's acceptable to some degree, since it's real hard to capture corals the way they "really" look - light spectrums and all. Cameras just aren't made to take pics using only 20K lighting. If you go into it with the mindset that the colors will be there, just not to that degree, you won't be too disappointed.

·
Got Crabs?
5,526 Posts
When I was there back in January I asked him if they enhance the pics and they said they didn't. Whether or not that is true is only known to them but I can say that the coral in person and the coral posted on there site are pretty darn close if you ask me. Remember they take all their pics under 20k helios 1000w bulbs which will look way different than any 400w or 250w 20k that we run.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Casey and I used to have a small colony's like that and it actually looked better than that picture. I think there is only one surviving frag of it in the club.

·
RIP Steve Irwin
5,500 Posts
Yeah.....hycienthis or whatever are known for being a harder one to kkep WC especially

1 - 7 of 7 Posts