The Reef Tank banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Were just down the highway from you, in Imperial valley. We are in Sandiego constantly, having plenty of family there not to mention great reef shops.

BILL

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
i'm in toledo ohio. but i have family in San Diego, San Jose, Reseda (sp), and Venice Beach (yes on the beach/boardwalk), and. Does that count ;)

·
Registered
315 Posts
My favorite is Aquatic warehouse. Any time were up there, which is often, we stop by at the warehouse, Octopusses garden, and sometimes Pet kingdom. Unfortunately the later two don't keep a heavy stock, but have good prices. We also go to Scipps in LAJOLLA for all of our water, can't beat the price(free). How about yourself? What area you in? We have family in Lamesa, and Chullavista.

Bill

·
Registered
21 Posts
I work here in SD during the week but live in Palmdale. I go home on the weekends. :( I usually go to Aquatic Warehouse myself. Although belive it or not my little LFS in the high desert has a lot better prices! :rolleyes:

Scott :)

·
SoCal Reefer
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
harpo, can you give me directions to the la jolla pier so i too can get free water, i just found out about it today. i live in escondido but work at Marine Corps Air Station Miramar.
haoleboy, where do you stay during the day? how do you like palmdale?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi there,

I live in the Imperial Valley as well. Actually work with Harpo. Aquatic Warehouse is the best LFS is SD. Prices can be a little high at times, but the selection is awesome compared to the competition.

Getting to scripps pier is quite easy. Get off interstate 5 at La Jolla Parkway, used to be ardeth rd. Turn right on La Jolla shores drive (Mobile station on the right) Follow that up to the turn off for the pier (sorry, don't know the street name, but there is a sign) Probably about a mile on La Jolla Shores drive, give or take. This road will lead you to the pier. There is a valve at the top of the pier (actually two, one water spicot and one fire hydrent valve) Fill up your storage tank.

Harpo has a 200 gallon tank on a trailer that we both use for all of our water changes. Plan to be up friday for a refill.

Hope this has helped.

Bob

·
Registered
45 Posts
Haoleboy,

What is the LFS in Antelope Valley, I used to live there before I moved to the Imperial Valley. Don't remember an LFS when I was there.

Bob

·
Registered
315 Posts
That LFS in Lancaster is not bad been there a few times while visiting my daughter. The last time I was there, they were in the middle of replacing all there lighting. Nice shop though.
This is a picture of my wife and I picking up water in Lajolla

This is where the local shops come and get there water also, then turnaround and sale it to you.:confused::eek:

Bill

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey guys. Well for the last 2 months i've been staying in an RV during the week here. (long story :) )Right off the 8 and college. The LFS in Lancaster is called Pet oasis. They are not just a fish store. They do have a decent SW section though. Just bought a Coral Beauty there for 25.00 compaired to Aquatic warehouse @ 39.00 Also got a 3" Blue tang for 25.00.

PS: I may be getting transfered back to LA SOON. Wish me luck! :)

Scott

·
Registered
315 Posts
Hmmm! The shop I have been in sales only fish, may not be the same one. Just across from a movie theater, and I believe a restraunt called Steer & Stine. Have you been there? I would have to ask my daughter the actual name.

Bill

·
Registered
21 Posts
Harpo, I think that one is called Aquatic treasures. Last time I went in there it had gone down hill. :( Poor selection and the tanks were in bad condition. One thing good was they sold 50lb bags of salt (Coarllife) for 15.00 compaired to 23.00 at pet oasis!!! Now I get all my salt at Aquatic Warehouse for 9.99 here in SD. :dance:

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm in North County San Diego myself. Has anyone checked out Aquatica in San Marcos? The store is legit! They have a huge selection of coral. They also have a pretty decent selection of fish. All salt water. They specialize in custom aquariums but their prices on livestock and coral are really great. They also have a full selection of EcoTech power heads, which they charge MSRP. Actually they sell the MP10 for $225. Which is $10.00 lower than MSRP.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts