The Reef Tank banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have the red sea white pom pom, and the silver branching. I could bring some to the meeting tonight. Some is on rock, but if you do not care I will bring loose frags.
Let me know:beer:

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
I have the red sea white pom pom, and the silver branching. I could bring some to the meeting tonight. Some is on rock, but if you do not care I will bring loose frags.
Let me know:beer:
What does the "silver branching" type look like? Is this different from the long-polyped type that people often call Xenia elongata? I have both the very pale strongly pulsing Red Sea Xenia (which people sometimes call pink Xenia) and the long polyped type ("Xenia elongata), but the latter is basically brown with a light stripe down each tentacle (and pale stalks) rather than anything that could be called silver. If your silver type is a third type I don't have I'd love to get some from you at some point.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was just using live aquaria's description of your standard Xenia elongata! Brown with a light silvery line down each tentacle.

If any one wants some send me a PM:beer:

·
Premium Member
4,947 Posts
Jeremy, the next time I see you I am going to need to get some of each, I killed all my pompom, and the elongated is on rock that is going to be cooked.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
.... and the elongated is on rock that is going to be cooked.
You could just peel it off or cut it off of that rock and attach it elsewhere.

(By the way Mary (and this is totally unrelated), those bright green zoanthids you gave me a while back are so nice. They are in a central location in the front bottom of the tank right now and looking incredibly good!)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mary no problem, just tell me how much and poof it will appear!!!

Speedsport send me a pm and we can figure something out.

·
Premium Member
4,947 Posts
You could just peel it off or cut it off of that rock and attach it elsewhere.

(By the way Mary (and this is totally unrelated), those bright green zoanthids you gave me a while back are so nice. They are in a central location in the front bottom of the tank right now and looking incredibly good!)

Bill, I am going to be hard pressed for space for the few months that the tank is down, so I will scrape it off, but will most likely give it away due to the fact that the non sps tank is overfull, and all of the rest of the livestock from the 220 will be split into 2 47 gallon tanks, including my HUGE rbta. I figure that when the time comes, I can get the xenia from others when I am set back up :)

Oh, and you are right those zoanthids look great in your tank :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
epidemic no problem send a pm and we can figure it out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts