The Reef Tank banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after several months of getting ready to pull the trigger, I think I finally get to jump. I'm only upgrading from a 20 to a 46, so not quite as sexy as Gregs, but bare with me.

Here is my plan, please critique as you see fit.

Tank: 46 bow, drilled in back for 1" drain x 2, for both the CLS and main.

Lights: All in a custom hood. I didn't have a camera for construction, but if anyone needs to build a BF hood, I've got an easy way to do it.
1 x 250wt Radium
1 x 175wt 12K
110wt pc 03

Sump: Reef Mania - finalizing the plan with Greg

Skimmer: TF1000. Currently using a Rio 2100, will upgrade to OR2700 and MJ600.

Main Return: Mag7 into a spray bar behind the rockwork. I will have approximately 5' of head. Any suggestions on how many and how big the holes should be?

CLS Pump: OR 6500, approx 1600gph. I have decided not to go with the scwd as I want to keep SPS and want the added flow.

Ca Reactor: Coral Hound Dual Chamber - Bought from BB

Top Off: ? Possibly a Kent Float in the sump? Any ideas?

I have pieces of 4" x 3/4" pvc cut to set an egg crate shelf on to raise my rockwork a little and to maximize flow. The longer I sit and stare at my DSB, I wonder if I should put a thin, just enough to cover the eggcrate approx 1.5", layer of the reef grade sand in the tank.

Other than heaters, do you see anything that I've missed?

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
THe outlet on the Mag is 1/2". I was intending to come off the pump into 3/4" all the way up to include the spraybar.

As for the hood,
I'm trying to track down a digital camera to take a couple pics of the hood and am getting creative with mspaint to describe the rest. Once I get a good explanation, one that I can understand when read, I'll post it here.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We finished to transfer at 0500 this morning. Thus far everything seems to be doing great. Will post pics when friend sends them to me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.