·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Lokks lke a mojoahano(sp)

I know thats not the right way to spell it but its close hehh

·
Banggai Mommy
2,395 Posts
That's what I thought of too, although I've (thankfully) never seen one in person.

Manjano? Is that right? Hm... (Or are you trying to imply something about Mike?)

Danielle

·
Administrator
47,678 Posts
"one time , at reef camp, we all got that and built olympic sized tanks so the pests were harder to find ;)
"

·
Super Moderator
27,705 Posts
Doug1 said:
Thats way more serious than bad Mojo, thats really bad Juju :(
Korrekt on all the above. And I'm here to tell you that it is the devil to get rid of.

Don't run so fast, Danielle....I can make you a sweet deal on the overage that I have in my tank :D :D

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
And One day at Reef Camp.........

Jeff

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
dark horge said:
I think Allyson Hannigan rocks.
heh! Alyson Hannigan ROOLES...

btw, definitely Anemonia cf. majano, although it is distinctly different from the mediterranean Anemonia viridis. I am not sure that with all the changes in the taxonomy of this group of genera that Anemonia is the correct genus, but they do have many common characteristics, ad it seems to be the accepted genus for the time being.

These little pests are worse than spp. iun that they will quickly overrun a stony coral and use the dead skeleton as new real estate for a cluster of colonies. Delbeek and Sprung report that the nudibranch Spurilla neopolitana is a means of controlling this nuisance anemone. I cannot confirm this, but may post on Bill Rudman's site for some type of confirmation and report the findings here.

hth

·
Registered
354 Posts
Yep... I agree with all the above, inject it as close to the base as you can with Kalk mixed with hot water. That is unless you can find a market for them, you'll have lots in no time.

·
Super Moderator
22,416 Posts
tdwyatt said:
heh! Alyson Hannigan ROOLES...

btw, definitely Anemonia cf. majano, although it is distinctly different from the mediterranean Anemonia viridis. I am not sure that with all the changes in the taxonomy of this group of genera that Anemonia is the correct genus, but they do have many common characteristics, ad it seems to be the accepted genus for the time being.

These little pests are worse than spp. iun that they will quickly overrun a stony coral and use the dead skeleton as new real estate for a cluster of colonies. Delbeek and Sprung report that the nudibranch Spurilla neopolitana is a means of controlling this nuisance anemone. I cannot confirm this, but may post on Bill Rudman's site for some type of confirmation and report the findings here.

hth
Tom, any links about info/studies of these "Wonder-Nudi's"?
Thanks,,,

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
gathering info, I cannot confirmn jnor deny the actual application of these nudibranchs in reef aquaria, as I am more concerned that they may actualy be a problem on other cnidarians as well.

·
Registered
91 Posts
heres a really good pic of one
mojono anemone

and the info that was with the pic

You probably didnt get as lucky as you think, cause it probably is Anemonia majano , a small anemone which most people consider to be a pest. In most cases, this anemone can reproduce quickly and spread thoughout the tank, and like Aiptasia, can sting its neighbors quite badly. It's unlikely that you will find a biological control such as peppermint shrimp for these, however you probably will have better luck using an injection of limewater if you find that they must be controlled in your tank. For further reading, you can check out Terry Siegel's Article on Aquarium Frontiers where he describes his use of Chaetodon lunula for control of Anemonia (which should only be used in extreme cases in this author's opinion).

·
Registered
418 Posts
If you can pull the rock out, just get it to retract into its hole by poking it a little bit. Then get out your handy dandy super glue gel and cover its hole w/ the glue and stick it back in the water and it will be done! I have done that for aiptasia and majano, works like a champ.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts