The Reef Tank banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
11,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Only thing in the system is lps and zoos. Only animals besiides the corals are astrea and cerith snails, no fish.

I know you shouldnt even buy them but i have had him for 3 months and had been feeding him by hand every week and he looked great one week ago when this picture was taken. He looked the same way YESTERDAY. Soemthing cleaned his shell out. Probably another one of those 4" snail eating flatworms i dont know i have, thats all i can think of. Thats probably the best answer i will ever get so i probably should have just made this a rip post.

It was an impulsive buy, but being as he was thicker one week ago than when i bought him 3 months ago i think i could have WAY succeeded the supposed 6 months in captivity lifespan of these things...

regardless

RIP

Attachments

·
Sailfin
2,449 Posts
Same thing happened to ours years ago. Same thing!
Then we got another. It disappeared right away. I thought it was a gonner. Couldn't even find the shell. MONTHS later we discovered it living happily behind the rock wall, not much light... but it too suddenly was cleaned out awhile after finding it. I guess someone else found it, too... :(

·
11,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ShirleyM said:
Same thing happened to ours years ago. Same thing!
Then we got another. It disappeared right away. I thought it was a gonner. Couldn't even find the shell. MONTHS later we discovered it living happily behind the rock wall, not much light... but it too suddenly was cleaned out awhile after finding it. I guess someone else found it, too... :(
ever seen one of these guys???

4" long and like to dine on snails...........maybe ive got another one

·
11,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
ShirleyM said:
Nope -- how enlarged is that? What is it? Not had one of those...
Its not enlarged. 1:1 macro lens on a 3.3 mp camera. Thats a 4" x 2" flatworm in a glass pie plate. Beautiful moving creature really. The second pic is what he looks like when you give him a little current with nothing to grab on to. A lot of times these things are mistaken for nudibranch, but it is just a huge flatworm. They dont mess with corals but they love your cleaning crew. When i finally found and caught the thing i then had my answer as to why i kept running out of snails.......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts