The Reef Tank banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the pinpoint ph controller i ordered from premium aquatics has arrived! tomarrow, i will plug it in and calibrate it, and hook it up to my 46bf, and next week, get the co2 tank filled:beer:
:cool:

Attachments

·
Professional newbie!
404 Posts
How much$$$ ?

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
$159 thru premium aquatics, they had the lowest price i could find online. :)

·
Registered
706 Posts
Wow Crom....even if it didn't serve a purpose it looks cool as heck........Maybe that is a guy thing.....If you could take 100 LCD displays out of old calculators, and program them to just read random numbers im pretty sure most guys would have a wall somwhere in thier house with nothing but buttons LCD's nobs and LED lights.....

·
Crazed Fish Whisperer
2,611 Posts
tsk tsk tsk...that is a terrible piece of equipment...I think you should send it to me and be rid of it. ;) heh heh heh

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
I agree with Jeremey and if you send it to me I will get it set up properly and let you know in a few years whether this is a good piece of equipment for your tank!!:rolleyes:

Sure looks nice though!:D

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks! you guys are the greatest! on that note; anyone care or are willing to hook up my sump and skimmer to their reeftank and report back to me in a few years or so on how well they operate too?!?!:funny:

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
my friend at work is going to make my stand add-on it for me this saturday. but, i can stop by again and give you a hand making yours! plus, i should have my lamp posts welded from the metals shop on monday now. they were too buzy building a racecar tube chassis to get to my project. i am looking at either getting them chromed or powercoated when finished! give me a buzz saturday afternoon, i should be up and about!

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:eek: whoa! holy cow! my ph was way off bigtime! time to replace the batteries in my ph pen and recal that too! ph was at 7.7, i have been buffering it up to slowly all day, right now i'm at 8.06. and hopefully in the morning i'll be at a steady 8.3!

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
another piece to add to the puzzle

my friend did a most excellent job on making this stand add-on today! now i just gotta stain it.

Attachments

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
and a front view. to the left and right of the 'fuge, will be where the light posts will be mounted to suspend the dual 250w w/ pc light fixture over the tank.

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Can you describe your thinking on the PVC maze? Very interesting layout.

I'm going to assume it's for a nice distro of the water?

·
Registered
26 Posts
ReefDave said:
Wow Crom....even if it didn't serve a purpose it looks cool as heck........Maybe that is a guy thing.....If you could take 100 LCD displays out of old calculators, and program them to just read random numbers im pretty sure most guys would have a wall somwhere in thier house with nothing but buttons LCD's nobs and LED lights.....
I like the red LED number readouts, as well. Reminds me of the late 70s, and shows like The Six Million Dollar Man, when technology was cool... :cool:

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
after several coats of black stain, this is as dark as it gets with out painting it with black paint. i don't mind it that much that it doesn't match the stand completely, i have sometime to think about it, before i add water. tomarrow, hopefully, i will have my lamp posts complete, and i can drill the mounting holes, and then take them to get chrome plated or powercoated. there are 4 places intown that perform chrome plating!
peace...

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts